cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Checkmark

Does anyone know how to get eBay to respond to a complaint. I paid for a part for my truck because it had the green checkmark. When I got the part it did not fit. I contacted the seller and he send me a link to send the $123 part back and is charging me $105 for the shipping. He also send me an email saying "Hi, due to the holidays, we are temporarily not processing returns and refunds for orders between 02/06-02/16". I filed a complaint with eBay because I had the green checkmark "Guaranteed Fit". eBay said they respond in 48 hours. It has been over a week with no word from anyone. Time is running out on the return. Is the green checkmark just a trick?

ebay 2.jpgebay6.jpg 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Green Checkmark

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Based on your screenshots of the return shipping page, I'm assuming they may have their return location set to China as well because ~$105 for shipping would seem pretty outrageous to ship that item within the US.

I thought eBay cleaned things up recently to prevent sellers from having return address in a country different from the ship from location on the listing. Whether seller is registered in China or not, their return address has to be in the US since they're filling orders from a US warehouse.

More likely, the exorbitant return ship cost is from a different factor such as:

- Seller has wrong weight/dimensions on listing form so buyer is seeing rate for an oversized package

- Seller has no weight/dimensions on listing form and eBay is using their programming to determine a category/item average and that can be way off at times

If I was @orvmur-76 I would contact eBay customer service. Send a DM to them on one of the social media outlets to discuss options.

As valueaddedresource mentioned above, if you don't see Doesn't Fit My Vehicle as a return reason, the item does not qualify for Guaranteed Fit. There's also supposed to be a green checkmark on the order details page. I realize you found the green checkmark on the listing page, but if it didn't also appear on the order details page then the item wasn't part of Guaranteed Fit. And yes, I think it's very confusing, especially since the Guaranteed Fit video is shown on every listing in the parts&accessories categories.

@wastingtime101 thinking through this some more, your reasons for why the shipping cost may be so high could also maybe be part of the issue for why it may not have been eligible for Guaranteed Fit - eBay also lists oversized items as a reason for why they may not provide a shipping label in that FAQ page for sellers.

That page does also say "If a part or an accessory doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria for an eBay label, you’ll [the seller] be responsible for providing a way for the buyer to return the item".

I've always assumed that meant the seller would have to provide a seller paid way for the buyer to return the item but maybe I've just read too much into that and/or maybe the returns system isn't properly programmed to handle these exceptions, so if the return is deemed "oversized" it defaults to the regular return options where "doesn't fit" is a remorse reason.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Have to disagree with that assessment @valueaddedresource .  You're overthinking it. 😉

That statement is referring to situations where an eBay label cannot be generated due to size exceeding label max dimensions. In that situation the seller has to buy a label off eBay and send to the buyer (or arrange freight, etc). Clearly the buyer can purchase their own eBay label through the returns flow so package size is not a disqualifier for G.Fit.

Same with international returns - label cannot be generated through eBay return labels because it's international. That's not the case here, either.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Have to disagree with that assessment @valueaddedresource .  You're overthinking it. 😉

That statement is referring to situations where an eBay label cannot be generated due to size exceeding label max dimensions. In that situation the seller has to buy a label off eBay and send to the buyer (or arrange freight, etc). Clearly the buyer can purchase their own eBay label through the returns flow so package size is not a disqualifier for G.Fit.

Same with international returns - label cannot be generated through eBay return labels because it's international. That's not the case here, either.

@wastingtime101 definitely possible I'm over thinking it. 😂 

Hopefully some of the blues will be able to shed some more light on why we are seeing some orders not have the G Fit "doesn't fit my vehicle" return option even though there was a green check mark and everything seems like it should qualify based on all the publicly available info about the program.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Guaranteed Fit program is different than regular orders when it comes to returns.

On regular orders/returns, selecting the return reason "doesn't fit" is considered a buyer's remorse return reason and if the seller does not offer free seller paid returns, the buyer is responsible for paying the shipping costs on those returns.

If your order qualified for Guaranteed Fit, it should have a return reason that says "doesn't fit my vehicle" which would then provide a free return label for you to send the item back. 

While the policy says 

• a Guaranteed Fit "Doesn't fit my vehicle" return
  • is treated as a "Not matching the listing" SNAD return

the "Doesn't fit my vehicle" return is vastly different than a regular SNAD return.

rseuqinh_0-1708156035534.jpeg

To wit, this seller took action on a "Doesn't fit my vehicle" Guaranteed Fit return yesterday, Feb 15:

rseuqinh_1-1708130698098.jpeg

Notice:

1. A partial refund offer can be made, here 3 minutes AFTER a free return shipping label had been issued.

-- cf. in a regular return request, the seller picks just one of the options Accept, Refund, or Partial.

2. The partial refund offer expires on Feb 17, in 2 calendar days even on weekends/holidays.

-- cf. a regular partial refund offer expires in 21 business days when the request automatically closes.

3. The return label must be mailed by Mar 01, in 10 business days viz Feb 19 is a holiday, so Mar 01 is 10 business days beginning today, Feb 16.

-- cf. the return label must be mailed in 15 business days for a regular or remorse return.

rseuqinh_2-1708131925650.jpeg

4. As before, if the buyer accepts the partial refund offer, eBay issues the partial refund and closes the case.

5. If the buyer declines the partial refund offer, the clock is still running to return in 10 business days.

-- cf. before when the buyer declines, the request resumes with the remaining options (Accept the return, Full refund with no return needed) unless either party asks eBay to step in, or it closes after 21 business days.

So unannounced, significant aspects of the Guaranteed Fit bolt-on were added which countermand long-established timelines in the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Bottom line: Always use the "Doesn't match description or photos" reason when the part "Doesn't fit my vehicle" regardless that eBay shows the green checkmark on your Order Details page for a Guaranteed Fit.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

So for a "guaranteed fit" claim, you still can't use "doesn't fit" as a SNAD reason? Yeah, that makes sense (not).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@wastingtime101 definitely possible I'm over thinking it. 😂 

Hopefully some of the blues will be able to shed some more light on why we are seeing some orders not have the G Fit "doesn't fit my vehicle" return option even though there was a green check mark and everything seems like it should qualify based on all the publicly available info about the program.

I admire your faith in the 'blues' but I will offer up an answer if you don't mind.

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for this feedback.  I'll pass this along to the appropriate team 😋

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

So for a "guaranteed fit" claim, you still can't use "doesn't fit" as a SNAD reason? Yeah, that makes sense (not).

It sure looks that way to me. As noted by other posters... correct is "Doesn't fit my vehicle", if it's a GF listing. 😑

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Thanks @wastingtime101  that high shipping cost was throwing me off and I had forgotten about those recent changes.  @orvmur-76 confirmed return address was in US so you're probably right about the other likely reasons that could be happening.

I definitely agree contacting eBay support through social channels will be the best bet for help with this specific issue.

But I'm also still wondering if maybe non-US seller account registration is a disqualifying factor for Guaranteed Fit that we're not aware of. 🤔

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay  can you ask the motors team or whoever else would be appropriate if they can clarify that for us please?

Hey @valueaddedresource the seller's registration location is not a qualifying factor for Guaranteed Fit.  When a buyer provides full vehicle information (Year / Make / Model / Trim / Engine) and the listing is fitment adopted, the buyer will see the reason code 'Doesn't fit my vehicle' 

Kyle,
eBay
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

Thanks @wastingtime101  that high shipping cost was throwing me off and I had forgotten about those recent changes.  @orvmur-76 confirmed return address was in US so you're probably right about the other likely reasons that could be happening.

I definitely agree contacting eBay support through social channels will be the best bet for help with this specific issue.

But I'm also still wondering if maybe non-US seller account registration is a disqualifying factor for Guaranteed Fit that we're not aware of. 🤔

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay  can you ask the motors team or whoever else would be appropriate if they can clarify that for us please?

Hey @valueaddedresource the seller's registration location is not a qualifying factor for Guaranteed Fit.  When a buyer provides full vehicle information (Year / Make / Model / Trim / Engine) and the listing is fitment adopted, the buyer will see the reason code 'Doesn't fit my vehicle' 

Thanks kyle@ebay  but we are seeing increasing reports from buyers that have provided their full vehicle information, resulting in getting the "green check mark" for G Fit on the listing before checking out, and yet when they go to return the item "Doesn't fit my vehicle" is not one of the possible reason codes available to them.

Is there some other step in the process missing here or something else buyers need to look for besides the green check mark to know if they will be covered before completing a purchase?

If it's not the seller's registration country, what other exclusions or limitations are there that could explain why these transactions are not being provided the G Fit return option when everything else would appear to indicate they should qualify?

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

When a buyer provides full vehicle information (Year / Make / Model / Trim / Engine) and the listing is fitment adopted, the buyer will see the reason code 'Doesn't fit my vehicle' 

Thanks kyle@ebay  but we are seeing increasing reports from buyers that have provided their full vehicle information, resulting in getting the "green check mark" for G Fit on the listing before checking out, and yet when they go to return the item "Doesn't fit my vehicle" is not one of the possible reason codes available to them.

Hey @orvmur-76 and @anasazirose - both of you got the green "fits my vehicle" checkmark on the listing page before purchase, but not on the order details page. Can you confirm if you provided full vehicle information on eBay? Specifically, did you provide your vehicle's TRIM information? We are trying to figure out why neither of your purchases qualified for Guaranteed Fit.

For reference, here's a screenshot of Order Details from buyers (one is from you, anasazirose) - first image does not qualify for G Fit, second image does qualify for G Fit.

guaranteedfit.jpg

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Both of these orders had the green check mark on the sellers page. I always use the  Select vehicle  link. The info on the truck is always the same.ebay green check.jpg

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for that added info @orvmur-76 ! The mystery remains then.

You chose a vehicle from your garage that had all the necessary info for G Fit, as evidenced by another purchase qualifying, so the issue is either on the listing end or some kind of tech error.

The listing in question had a fitment chart and was advertised in search with a green checkmark and 'fits your vehicle' banner. You saw the green checkmark before making the purchase. Based on info provided, I cannot figure out why that purchase did not qualify for G Fit.

GLORIOUS!

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I'm so sorry for the late reply.  I HAD to provide trim package information.  Without it, I got a message that said more information was needed. 

Message 28 of 28
latest reply