cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaslit by eBay.

I'm at my wits end, mates. I'm having anxiety nightmares and PTSD flashbacks because of a lousy purchase gone wrong and a Buyer's Protection that apparently doesn't work.

This is what happened.

A month ago, I purchased a rare $200+ book bundled with a set of tarot cards (I only wanted the book, but the seller wouldn't just sell it on its own), after which the seller said they'd ship the book ASAP, but not the cards because they had relocated them and lost them, so they promised to ship them once they found them.

The book shipped and my waiting began. Two weeks or so later, the seller got back to me and said they'd be shipping the cards the following day, at last. Didn't hear from them after that. Didn't get any shipping details. Kept waiting for the book.

Four weeks and several personal struggles later, I still hadn't gotten anything in the mail, so I decided to track the progress of the book. To my shock and anxiety, it said it had been delivered to and signed by me. Immediately reached out to the seller to try and figure out what had happened. No response.

Went back to my USPS page and downloaded the Proof of Delivery. My address was clearly wrong. Two digits in my unit number were switched.

Despite the mail not being for them, the person who lives at that other address impersonated me by just writing down my name in place of my signature (incorrectly, I might add) and kept what I bought for themselves. Meanwhile, I kept updating the seller on the situation and getting not a single reply.

I then called USPS, who confirmed the address they got was not mine, and said more likely than not the seller must've input it wrong. I gave up trying to reach the seller at this point.

So I escalated the issue to eBay as soon as I could. I explained everything to them, sent them the Proof of Delivery, asked them to contact USPS themselves, and got a message back saying they wouldn't reimburse me because the customer sent them proof the purchase was fulfilled and the item left at the right address.

I don't know what else to do. I've been buying here for almost 10 years, and they kept telling me they appreciated my loyalty and whatnot, but won't even look at my case thoroughly and fairly.

My anxiety is so out of control. My meds are doing nothing for me. I even bought a second copy of the book from a different seller that miraculously appeared shortly after. I'm still $200 short, and of course, the tarot cards never arrived either.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much. 😔

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Gaslit by eBay.

UPDATE

It all was sorted out during the weekend, folks; I didn't even have to go to the USPS office.

I had to chat with maybe 4 different customer service representatives, though. I explained the issue and e-mailed the PDF with USPS letterhead to every single one of them; document which very obviously displayed what I had been saying all along: my order was delivered to the wrong address.

This past Saturday, finally, a rep asked me to convert the PDF to a PNG since they'd been having difficulties opening it for some reason, and forward it to them. Right away they submitted a manual refund request, and today I was notified the funds were on their way.

Such bizarre issues. They were really friendly and courteous the whole time, for whatever it's worth. 🤔

What did rub me the wrong way is that I had to invoke my inner Karen to get them to do something. I really tried and managed to show them patience and respect despite my frustration and I accomplished nothing; but the moment I toned my attitude up, BAM! Miracles. I don't like that. 😮💨

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Gaslit by eBay.

maybe they dont have a printer or its broken? could be they only sell very little so figure they dont need a printer or any scale to weigh a package.  

Message 17 of 17
latest reply