cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Issues

Hello!

First time posting here, but I have a potential issue. 

I bought a GPU from a seller the 14th. The GPU just shipped this morning but I noticed the service is "China Post" instead of USPS which was specified in the post. Another thing I noticed was the shipping address was somewhere in America than China. A final thing to take note is China Post said it will be here Nov. 9 instead of Oct. 23. 

Do I have to be worried I was dropped shipped a fake GPU?  Is there anything I did get one?

Original Listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/314883921605?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=njghowewsxi&sss...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

GPU Issues

@sampa90,

I know you are inexperienced at using ebay, but did you really not stop to question why any seller would list a graphics card hat usually sells for around $1,000 for about half of that price?  Not only that but they have (0) feedback and just recently joined. 

Go to your purchase history and click on the order details button. It should show you the last estimated delivery date that was shown on the listing when you bought it.  If it is still showing Oct. 23, on the 24th, file an item not received dispute using the more actions button in the history.

Unfortunately, one or two things will probably happen.

You will receive something from the seller saying it is a gift or small empty box/envelope, that had the tracking number you received.

There will be a delivered scan on the tracking info, but it will not be at your residence. If that happens come back here and post a topic about being a victim of a Fake Tracking scam, before you take any actions.

In the mean time open the listing and in the upper right of the page click on the Learn More button in the Money Back Guarantee box.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

GPU Issues

@sampa90,

I know you are inexperienced at using ebay, but did you really not stop to question why any seller would list a graphics card hat usually sells for around $1,000 for about half of that price?  Not only that but they have (0) feedback and just recently joined. 

Go to your purchase history and click on the order details button. It should show you the last estimated delivery date that was shown on the listing when you bought it.  If it is still showing Oct. 23, on the 24th, file an item not received dispute using the more actions button in the history.

Unfortunately, one or two things will probably happen.

You will receive something from the seller saying it is a gift or small empty box/envelope, that had the tracking number you received.

There will be a delivered scan on the tracking info, but it will not be at your residence. If that happens come back here and post a topic about being a victim of a Fake Tracking scam, before you take any actions.

In the mean time open the listing and in the upper right of the page click on the Learn More button in the Money Back Guarantee box.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

GPU Issues

Thanks for the help- 

I must admit, I didn't check the seller or anything other than the description to ensure It was legit to make sure I could claim a Not described if need be. 

Should I do the INR past the 23rd or wait until it gets here to see if it's fake, which will be a slam dunk case? It has already been shipped

What would be the best way to go about that? I read the eBay MBG multiple times to get the timeframes right and nov. 9 is within that timeframe. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

GPU Issues

@sampa90,

You cannot file an item not received (INR) dispute until the last estimated delivery date has passed. That date will show up on your purchase history page just above the item title, example below.

mudshark61369_0-1697636105900.png

You will have 30 days from the delivery date to file a dispute shown in the smaller font. If you receive something other than what you ordered you file an Item Not As Described (INAD) dispute.  If there's a delivered scan but nothing shows don't do anything until you come back and post about it.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply