cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking not updated

I bought a tv 3 days ago and the postage was £3 which seemed too good to be true. I paid for everything on the 15th and was told that it was next day delivery yet the estimated arrival date was the 18th. It’s the 18th today and I have no tracking number and eBay shows that it hasn’t been shipped. The seller isn’t replying to my messages anymore but when I last spoke to him he said he’d shipped it on Monday. Not sure what to do

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tracking not updated

So today the 18th is the last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing where you made the purchase?

If that's the case, and you haven't received it, you could, per eBay rules, open an item not received case tomorrow the 19th; however, given the state of deliveries these days, would suggest actually waiting a day or two more before taking that step.

I now see that you are in the UK, but that same rule probably applies there also.  

Do not allow this to go on past 30 days.  You lose your ability to open a case with eBay at that point.

Have to ask:  So there is absolutely NO tracking shown? Depending on where it's coming from, two day delivery seems problematic although not impossible.

If I were you, I would be reading eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Tracking not updated

@c9yjh19,

Did you check the seller's feedback profile before buying from them? You can do that by scrolling to the bottom of the listing page where you will see their username in a large font below that a few feedback comments and a See All Feedback button in an oval.   All member's feedback numbers are in (  ) to the right of their username, yours is currently (3).

On the page that opens there will be an  As a seller  tab,  click on that to see if they have received any selling feedback at all, or in the last year.  They may have a fair number of feedback and a 100% oercentage, but all for buying at least in the last year, but could actually be a new or inexperienced seller who does not know that ebay places a 21 hold on their first few payments.  New/inexperienced sellers tend to not know about the hold and do not ship because the payment status on their account shows Pending. They also tend to make excuses or lie about shipping, because they may think you are trying to scam them.  Inexperienced sellers often try to guesstimate shipping costs as well.

The seller could have shipped with tracking but if they did not print a shipping label through ebay, they would have to upload it manually and may not know to do that. eBay does not require the use of tracking by sellers, they should do that to protect themselves from false claims of items not received, but it is not required.

You may want to repost this topic on your home site ebay.co.uk to get replies on how to deal with this issue from U.K. residents and members. use the link below to be taken directly to the ebay UK community.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply