cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback is useless

I left negative feedback for a seller after I was issued a refund by ebay because I never received item and seller never responded. They had shipped my item to another location. So I left in my feedback,  "never received item, intentionally shipped to another location, seller never responded." 

Now today I see my feedback had been removed on their feedback list and they are back at 100% again and 1 neutral. Makes me wonder how many other negative feedbacks they had managed to get removed from ebay when disputing it. 

I never said anything to the seller about leaving them negative feedback. Also ebay never contacted me informing me my feedback had been removed. 

I wonder how this even works and how any seller can just get any negative feedback removed? 

So when buying from sellers, their feedback score may be inaccurate if they can get any negative feedback removed. We won't know if they are scammers. I was lucky to get refunded when I opened a dispute on ebay and they never responded to my dispute so I had ebay stepped in and I was refunded within hours and case was closed. Then I left feedback for the seller. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Feedback is useless

What is the number beside their name? 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

Was the other location in your zip code? If so, Ebay would considered it delivered and your fb would be removed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

Any seller can get feedback removed if they know who to contact....its best not to participate E-bays feedback system or use feedback as a determining factor as to buy or not buy from a seller.I try to buy from sellers that iv'e known for years and trust . If they don't have what i'm looking for would look to Amazon or Esty as your a little less likely to be ripped off over there.....I would only take a chance with a new seller on something that's inexpensive on E-bay.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

@etacarina11 

Any seller can get feedback removed if they know who to contact....

And yet there are many, many sellers with less than perfect feedback.

Apparently not every seller knows who to contact, or is willing to do so.

its best not to participate E-bays feedback system or use feedback as a determining factor as to buy or not buy from a seller.

While it is certainly frustrating to see what you consider a well-deserved negative feedback removed by eBay, that alone does not mean the feedback system is useless.

Feedback is often the only way to recognize fraudulent or hijacked accounts. Although scammers can have 100% feedback, or good feedback numbers, by looking at the actual feedback received you can learn a lot about the user history as a seller. Even if a seller has no negatives, you can certainly spot a lack of positive feedback history for selling items in a particular category, or see that the seller has only received feedback for selling certain kinds of items.

Many buyers would never consider buying an expensive item from a zero feedback seller; without a robust feedback system, all sellers would be effectively zero feedback sellers.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

Was the other location in your zip code? If so, Ebay would considered it delivered and your fb would be removed.

I am located in Oregon and the seller shipped it to Missouri. I showed screen shots to ebay service chat and they told me to open a dispute so I did and told me to ask them to step in starting the 23rd when seller doesn't respond. They told me I would get refunded when I do this and I got my refund this way. 

What is the number beside their name?

Their feedback score is 381. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You got your money back which should have been the primary concern. Life is short. And in a hundred years it ain't gonna matter anyway. Good luck!

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

if they don't leave me feedback i do the same to them,no fedback

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

@grunt451 wrote:

if they don't leave me feedback i do the same to them,no fedback

@grunt451,

What you wrote is all well and good, but has nothing at all to do with the topic.  If you feel there is a problem with the way feedback is left, then post your own topic about it.  If you do that, don't be surprised at the answers you receive.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

I have a question for you.....If you purchased a item from a seller and got a really good deal on it they sent it out real fast and was wrap very well but they never left you feedback would you ever shop with that seller again?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

Not sure I understand the purpose of your post, but, yes, given all of those factors, I would shop with that seller again if I had had a positive experience.  Actually, I would always keep that seller  on my "Favorites" list.  Why not?

I am aware that FB is optional for both buyer and seller.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

How many other feedback does your seller have? If he / she has at least 100 positive feedback, I would certainly not assume that they are "scammers."

I am also wondering, what makes you believe that "they have intentionally sent the item to wrong address." I have been an eBay seller for 22 years, and with a lot more feedback than you see on this account.  The number is closer to the 10,000 range. However, there was one case when I, too, mixed up too packages due to enormous stress (death in the family) and I would therefore not automatically assume that a seller is a scammer. 

It can happen, putting the printed label on the wrong package. I wish you good luck. 

I do, nevertheless, believe that feedback on eBay is useless, since it was mandated for sellers to only leave positive feedback to buyers, regardless the details of a transaction. Maybe this explains why some sellers are reluctant to leave feedback first. 

PW🐿

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

I'm just mystified by people who feel feedback is more important than the item they receive.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

If you had to Ask ebay to step in, and ebay forced the refund, no one can leave feedback.  Since you left feedback, it was removed.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Feedback is useless

There are a number of reasons why eBay would remove feedback.  If you filed an INR dispute and the lost the dispute, that would cause your feedback to be removed under eBay's feedback rules.

I agree that feedback, at least since 2008, has been almost useless.  Sellers have been permitted to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers since then.  All buyers have 100% now.   However, I find it still useful to check a bidder's feedback left and bid retraction record.

As far as buyers, checking a seller's feedback still makes sense although I suggest reading the comments rather than just looking at the numbers.  They often show if the buyer that left it was justified in doing so or not.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 20
latest reply