cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback error / Should be negative

I hope someone from eBay will share this feedback with the powers that have the ability to make this change. 

I accidentally left a positive feedback for someone who deserved a negative. I left the negative comments but instead of pressing the negative button I just clicked to complete the feedback. I immediately realized my error and tried to go back and change it but I couldn’t. I don’t understand why eBay won’t let you amend a mistake. She was an awful seller and treated me very poorly and didn’t deserve the positive. Why aren’t people allowed to make a mistake? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Feedback error / Should be negative

It has always been like this.  Once positive feedback is left, it can't be changed no matter what the reason is.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Unfortunately, there isn't much chance of eBay stepping in and changing it as you wish.  I suggest that greater care be used when leaving feedback in the future.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

On the other hand I just got an undeserved neg and when I called eBay the response was buyers will see all of my positive and won;t pay attention to the one neg.  I asked how a low feedback buyer could come in and leave a neg like she did and ruin a great run of positive feedbacks. Someone ordered a 6 inch tile from me and left a neg saying it was too big to use as a coaster. Did someone drop that lady on her head or something. Then eBay wanted to have me do the survey of how did we do? Ha!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I don't know why sellers think leaving a snarky reply to negatives makes them look good to future buyers. Many buyers will overlook a single negative but if the seller leaves a negative reply, they just prove that they are hard to deal with when things go wrong.

Your audience for your feedback is potential future buyers. Not to spank the previous buyer or make a snarky comment. Replies are often far more detrimental to sales than the original negative.

"wonders never cease"? How do you think that helps any situation? Of course with the "dropped her on her head" comment it just reinforces that people tell you how they're going to treat you.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I agree with "dog".

Your reply doesn't make you look good.

Couldn't you have just said: The size was shown in the listing.  Buyer received exactly what was ordered.? 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

You have every right to describe what you feel about this "newbie" buyer in your feedback response and don't let anyone else tell you different. If anything, it shows a "real" response to a frustrating situation. Doesn't look too snarky to us either, but everyone has the right to their own opinions. It is a shame when something like that happens no matter what (considering your impressive feedback and years with eBay). It seems like some buyer's these days are a little too fast to react first rather than find a solution to the problem. Hopefully you can try again with a supervisor at eBay and that person "may" be able to help you out. eBay really should support their Seller's more. If anything, keep up the good work & the best of luck to you!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@collectible_glass_doors_mexico,

In comparison to some of the feedback replies we've seen left for buyers, the one you left the buyer isn't all that bad.  However, the*dog* is right feedback replies should be aimed at future buyers, not at the person who left the comment. Your buyer stepped on their own foot with their "wanted  coaster size...  too big" statement.  Other seller's looking at that feedback will be warned they do not read descriptions

Buyer's looking at the neg would for the most part see the comment, and know the issue was not your fault by the 6 inch reply. Adding derogatory comments about a buyer in an way is a turn off and makes you look bad. I can only imagine what the emoji you tried to leave was.  You could even have been a bit humorous about the reply:

"Description says 6" tile. Perfect as a Big Gulp / Beer Stein coaster".

FYI two things you could do that might avoid future possible size issues are:  A) instead of just writing "...Tile 6" Day of the dead.." Find wording that allows for "...6"sq..." in the title and state that in the description, 6" square tile.

B) Take a second photo of your tiles with a ruler next to or under them. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@babygap_addict,

If you do not select one of the 3 choices of feedback, it defaults to a positive.  eBay has never let buyers unilaterally amend feedback or changed positives that were meant to be negatives.  There are a lot of people out there who would take advantage of that option if it were available. You can draw more attention to the feedback by adding a follow up comment. Keep it professional, state why you wanted to return the item un-described damage, fake / counterfeit item, etc..

When you received your item, what caused you to want to return it? You state seller refused return shipping cost. If all you did was open a return request then a seller can say that, but if you ask ebay to step in for a not as described item.  The seller would have to send a return shipping label or repay the return shipping cost. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

" I asked how a low feedback buyer could come in and leave a neg like she did and ruin a great run of positive feedbacks."

Anyone can leave negative feedback, even low feedback people. I agree though, the tile size was listed, the buyer wasn't paying attention if they wanted a coaster size.

On a side note, I love the tiles!

I tried to read the story that you have in every listing but the formatting is all messed up for me, even reducing my browser 50% and I still had to scroll down to find the slider bar and that didn't work, too many large pictures I think, so I would read a line of text and then have to return to the slide bar to read the rest of the sentence...every time, very annoying. It was also buggy and slow.

I gave up trying to read it.

I have never seen anyone write a small book in their listing description.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Why aren’t people allowed to make a mistake? 

--------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is allowed to make a mistake, but some mistakes just can't be fixed like that green donut you left, it will always be green...

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@collectible_glass_doors_mexico wrote:

On the other hand I just got an undeserved neg and when I called eBay the response was buyers will see all of my positive and won;t pay attention to the one neg.  I asked how a low feedback buyer could come in and leave a neg like she did and ruin a great run of positive feedbacks. Someone ordered a 6 inch tile from me and left a neg saying it was too big to use as a coaster. Did someone drop that lady on her head or something. Then eBay wanted to have me do the survey of how did we do? Ha!

I would suggest that you start your own thread.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You are right.  That ship has sailed on that reply to feedback. Ha! Next time I will TRY TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR over a neg. Haha See, smiling and laughing now.  Anyway, she has been blocked.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply