cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared

Purchased mantis eggs from a seller who said they were fresh and guaranteed to hatch. Contacted seller after they eggs did not hatch. Seller kept saying wait 6-8 weeks then would not refund because time was over 30 days. Left feedbackbut it disappeared. Seems like a scam but i cant let ither buyers know if feedback just disappears. Have purchased eggs from ithers with no difficulty. I dont expect them all to hatch but this transaction was not a good one. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feedback disappeared

A seller just wrote me about how he had the feedback removed. Bad seller. Gloating. Sells nonviable mantis eggs then tells me repeatedly to wait 6-8 weeks for hatching. I cannot warn other potential  buyers because ebay just lets the seller remove the feedback. Ebay is Reinforcing a very bad seller. I would not have purchased from this scam artist had all the feedback been available that was likely removed. Have had excellent experiences with many other sellers and always leave glowing feedback. Obviously the feedback process is meaningless if a dishonest seller can just string you along then keep your money for selling you junk until the 30 day ebay guarantee is past and then void any buyer feedback about what seller us doing. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This sounds like a problematic item [high risk] to trade on eBay given natural gestation period.

Anyhow, your option for refund now is via PayPay.

The time limit for claims is far longer than eBay affords you.

180 days.   Try that.

FB forum is a sham, to prone to seller lies that achieve removal of any Neg FB posted.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@cweb2844 wrote:

A seller just wrote me about how he had the feedback removed. Bad seller. Gloating. Sells nonviable mantis eggs then tells me repeatedly to wait 6-8 weeks for hatching. I cannot warn other potential  buyers because ebay just lets the seller remove the feedback. Ebay is Reinforcing a very bad seller. I would not have purchased from this scam artist had all the feedback been available that was likely removed. Have had excellent experiences with many other sellers and always leave glowing feedback. Obviously the feedback process is meaningless if a dishonest seller can just string you along then keep your money for selling you junk until the 30 day ebay guarantee is past and then void any buyer feedback about what seller us doing. 

Not being able to the actual feedback that you left, it is not possible for us to determine why the seller was able to have it removed.  Is it possible that, in the heat of the moment, you used language that was deemed inappropriate by eBay?  Or did you happen to mention the dispute you opened against the seller?

When it comes to biological products such as fertilized eggs, I'm not sure I'd purchase anything like that on eBay.  Even if the eggs were viable when shipped there are just too many things that could go wrong while in transit that could abort the development of creature that is expected to be produced from the egg.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Obviously the feedback process is meaningless

There's our lesson for today.  Yes, a seller with great feedback might be a great seller, or he might be a sleazeball that has plenty of experience getting negs removed.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply