cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedup with Ebay search!

I searched two "words" looking for a UTV plow, (I'm only searching title) I get 4,200+ items and only went 2 pages in and found 1 item that had my 2 "words" in them, I AM NOT going thru 4,200+ to look for the keywords that I used in my search,,,,,Ebay just lost a $900 sale to Amazon!!!

This used to be called "keyword spaming" if the item didn't match the searched words", the item would be removed and it should have.

I see why more people switching to FB marketplace!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Fedup with Ebay search!

If a search turns up 4200 results, your search is not specific enough, or else you need to try sorting your results differently so that the items you want appear at the top.

When you search utv plow, you are asking eBay to show you all listings that contain those keywords in the title or item-specifics, and there are a lot of them that are not what you are looking for.

Narrowing the category or adding a price range can help.

Try this search:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/43962/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%22utv+plow%22&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=16

The problem with just searching utv plow is that there are a lot of listings that contain those two keywords in the title or item-specifics that are things like mounts for utv plows or other parts and accessories.

If you are looking for a specific plow, try adding some additional keywords like a brand or a part number.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply