This Page is not found error statement 

it has been this way for literally months

other choices same error

must be very frustrating for buyers

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shopping By Category is Laughable

I never found searching that way to be very fruitful anyway.   Many buyers do use it however.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A couple years ago eBay decided they no longer wanted people to search by category, so they consolidated them, eliminating hundreds of categories in the process. They're continuing this process. I predict that by the time they're through eBay will have three categories to go along with their broken search function. I agree it's annoying, but it's the direction eBay has decided to go and is not going to change.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@8287davidm,

It may be frustrating but you have to enter more specific searches Ex: Vintage porcelain figurines, dinner ware, etc..  Then on the results page if there are items available in collectibles or antiques you will see that above the first listing and can click on those buttons one at a time to see the available items.  The results may not all be vintage/antique unfortunately, so you may have to add more filters from the left hand column.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It makes no difference if eBay wants buyers to shop by categories or what ever. It still remains a fact that shopping by categories is clearly offered in many places. 

When customers click on the prompt they often find many error statements and sends them back to the homepage. My initial statement is still true.

It does’t bother me BUT it is frustrating to buyers. None of these replies address this basic fact. They just ramble on.

IT IS FRUSTRATING FOR BUYERS… IF IT WAS ME I MIGHT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP!!!

ARE WE LOSING SALES IS THE MAIN QUESTION???

dave

Message 5 of 5
latest reply