cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex fake tracking

I think I have been scammed. I ordered an item shipped via FedEx. 

I used my business address to receive this item and as I have been reading in the community apparently I was a victim of Fedex fake tracking, I have almost two months trying and appealing and it is still in favour of the seller, even the company that handles my business address sent me a document that certifies that the item was never delivered to their warehouse.

what else can I do to get my money back?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Fedex fake tracking

@epiel18 wrote:

apparently I was a victim of Fedex fake tracking 

Actually that's not fake tracking. Everyone calling it fake tracking is wrong. And because it is actually real tracking, it was able to show a fake delivery to you, and that real tracking made you lose your case and its appeal: It's a fake delivery scam.

DHL, UPS, and FedEx tracking shows the weight and dimensions (sometimes) of the package @epiel18 -- are they appropriate for your item?

If not, use that public information which anyone can see on FedEx tracking to talk to or chat with PalPal or via a private message to PayPal at Facebook (do not open a case online, you will lose) otherwise the same with your card issuer however you paid, to prove that that FedEx tracking number is not your item to get your refund.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Did you use a credit card to pay? You should have.

Open a dispute with your credit card issuer, They are more likely to refund you than Ebay or the seller.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What has FedEx said about the package?

If they say the package was not addressed to you, get a letter from them stating that, then open a case with Pay Pal or your credit card.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If tracking shows delivery but you do not receive anything, check with the shipping service to determine if the tracking number corresponds to a delivery to your address.

If not, you may be the victim of a false tracking scam or the seller may have given you the wrong tracking number by mistake. Either way, see here for some good instructions about what you can do about it:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/What-do-you-do-when-ebay-support-will-not-help-you/m-p/340803...

What kind of feedback for selling does your seller have? You can avoid many issues by choosing to only do business with sellers that have a proven track record of delivering what was sold and that have sold similar sorts of items before. Avoid new or unproven sellers, sellers with a pattern of serious negative feedback, or sellers that have drastically changed behavior or that have unexplained gaps in selling feedback.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Paypal and eBay just told me, seller provide a tracking number showing your package was delivered and signed. In order to me to get my money back, they need more proof, I mean they want me to get at least a email from fedex confirming I dont know what exactly because as buyer fedex dont provide any information about it.

Then how I can get that letter from them?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@epiel18,

"I have almost two months trying and appealing and it is still in favour of the seller".

You have expended your time to file anything through ebay.  If you use the info I provided in the link eburtonlab posted, and follow the instructions. That is what you need to do in order to win a PayPal or Credit card claim.  A Fed Ex email will not work. 

"I used my business address to receive this item...   even the company that handles my business address sent me a document that certifies that the item was never delivered to their warehouse".

Hopefully you used your business address when you checked out so it appears on your Order Details.  Is there a third party involved in receiving items for you? If there is, by using them you may not be able to win any claim.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@xadexane,

Actually calling this issue a Fake tracking number scam is correct. The sellers are getting the numbers from the dark web.  They are originally collected from tracking sites that advertise being able to track any tracking number from almost any shipper in the world. Some may be coming from people collecting the numbers from already used shipping labels, ergo the not as common tracking number issued before a purchase was made.   Any time a tracking number is uploaded to those track any package sites, it is sorted and stored then sold for use.  The numbers those "sellers" are using were not originally addressed to the buyer's name or address, and the package type, is usually an envelope.  Therefore they were not a tracking number purchased from a shipping agency itself and so it is considered fake

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Two months later I am still with this case, the efficiency of ebay and paypal with these cases is very bad, they do not investigate the seller nor do they require documentation to validate all the information, it is simply a fight we have of the egg with the stone, the egg always loses.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@epiel18 

The first mistake many buyers that are victims make is insisting it is an "Item Not Received" issue.  If you file an INR claim with eBay, PayPal, or your credit card company you are going to lose because there is tracking that says delivered.   It doesn't matter if the tracking originated before you even bought the product, or if it is for a 3 ounce envelope when what you purchased would naturally be 10 lbs. or more.  A criminal can send a bag of rubber bands to your local gas station and everyone will accept the delivery confirmation as fact, when it is indeed bogus. 

It is an automated system and nobody checks.  Victims need to 'give up' on the INR claim and make sure that PayPal or your credit card company knows it is a fake tracking issue instead.  If you make the original claim with eBay, you need to contact them first.  eBay has the most stringent requirements for evidence of the fake tracking scam, knowing full well that the information can't be obtained. 

If you paid via PayPal, call them again and ask them what they want to prove your case. 

OR (but not at the same time) contact your c.card company and see what they will accept for a fake tracking scam issue.  

They all know about, they all know it is going on, and none of them want to pay out.  Even the eBay money back guarantee is useless if you keep insisting that it is an INR issue.  Unfortunately, there is no eBay claim for the "fake tracking" issue.  The best contact information for eBay is NOT regular customer service that you get in call back or chat.  Contact eBay through one of their social media portals.  One would be to use the blue message button at the top of this page: 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Some victims in this situation simply file "not as described", get the return label and ship back what they got...i.e. nothing.  Don't do it with PayPal, because return shipping of a box of air is on your dime.  These scams are often perpetrated by sellers out of the US, so that could get expensive. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@epiel18 wrote:

Two months later I am still with this case, the efficiency of ebay and paypal with these cases is very bad, they do not investigate the seller nor do they require documentation to validate all the information, it is simply a fight we have of the egg with the stone, the egg always loses.

This should have been an easy eBay Money Back Guarantee to resolve, but it is not.  You are going to have to prove to eBay you did not receive the item.

Are you able to go to the FedX office?

Take your communication from eBay that shows the tracking number that was used and supposedly sent to your address.  

Print out a copy of your Order Details and it will show to who and where the item was stated as being sent.  It also will have the Tracking Number that was assigned to your eBay order.  Print out the information from FedX website that shows the item was delivered.  If they took a picture of the drop off locating print this also and take a photo of your resident to show it was not dropped off at your location.  Take this information to your FedX office and see if they will write you a letter stating the item was not delivered to you or your address. 

After you do this and whether FedX provides a letter or not make a police report with the information you have.  The difficult part with a Police Report is as a Buyer you do not know the name and address of the seller.

For it to be two months later and not resolved I think the eBay you have been working with is done.  You may consider contacting their Legal Department with a Notice of Dispute.

https://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/help/legal/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

Pay Pal may resolve this for you with the information you gather.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply