cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Seller Cancels Sale Cannot Leave Feedback

There are two accounts claiming that they are from different countries, though it is obvious that they are the same seller, selling the same item, an Obsidian Panda Pendant + Necklace with the same image used for both listings. This seller has sold items before and is using the ratings they received from these to make it more likely for buyers to click on their listings. It is likely that this seller is using other accounts for this as well. They are using this as an exploit to to take information about buyers without actually selling any real item, saying that the buyer cancelled the order when they didn't and then cancelling it again after about a week if the falsehood of the first statement is pointed out to Ebay. When I asked Ebay about trying to leave feedback on the item, they sent me a bot which gave pre-programmed false excuses for why I couldn't review the item and didn't admit it was a bot until I reviewed it. This encourages the false selling exploit as the problem can never be dealt with properly and leaves no real way to give feedback. Ebay is not allowing me to respond to another buyer experiencing the same problem

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: False Seller Cancels Sale Cannot Leave Feedback

Can't figure out exactly what the issue is.  Seller cancelled sale after you had purchased? They are allowed to do that, but may receive a defect, depending on what reason they used to cancel.

If that's not the problem, how about returning and clarifying?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@folkvangr2012 

Both sellers are from China dropshipping the same type of items.

They probably both use the same supplier, the reason for the same photos.

If their supplier was out of the item and you ordered from both, then both would have to cancel the orders.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@folkvangr2012,

Both of the seller's you mentioned are registered in China as are the 20+ other sellers who have listed the same item.  They may give other countries as the item location, but ship from China.  It is not unusual at all for chinese sellers to have more than one username/store and that is not against ebay policy.  Both registered on the same day.  Chinese sellers often switch between usernames when one's feedback percentage gets too low.

If you do an advanced search of completed listings for"Obsidian Panda Pendant + Necklace" you will find the same item sold by many sellers, all using the same stock photos.  None are currently listed so the supplier is probably out of stock. It is a common thing with chinese drop shipping sellers.

"... saying that the buyer cancelled the order when they didn't".

Use the link below to contact ebay.  On the first page use the blue  Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username,  select Other, then in the text box write.

The seller used an invalid reason for cancelling the transaction. Check my messages I did not request canceling the transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

By doing that the seller's will at least get a defect on their accounts, and most likely have to pay the final value fees for the transactions.

If you want to avoid this issue in the future do not buy from chinese sellers. Especially, those who have less than a 98.9% feedback.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply