cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expensive Gold item is a fake.

Hello community,

Few weeks ago, I purchased an expensive gold item that resulted being silver covered by gold. When contacted the seller resulted that he had just gone on vacation and asked to wait a month in order to replace the item which I accepted because the seller has a great feedback and many years. My question is: is it risky for me to wait that much time and lose a buyer protection by ebay. All the communication between me and the seller has been made ebay messages.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Expensive Gold item is a fake.

Thank you for your good advise.  I've just asked for a refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@bioethical 

If you wait that long, you loose any protection from Ebay.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Replace the item? Send you another fake one? You should never agree to a replacement because what if it arrives damaged or not as described or you don't  receive anything? Then what?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You definitely do not want to wait, nor do you want to even consider a replacement. Open a 'not as described' case now, return the item, and get your refund. The seller may have great feedback, but they did sell you a fake and are using classical stalling techniques to put you beyond the deadline to open a case. Get your refund and find the piece somewhere else.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any time a seller asks you to wait for a period of time that will take you beyond the seller protection or availability to open a case, do not agree. Its a tactic to make it harder for you to get a refund. Follow these steps:
My eBay > Purchase history > Return item > Item not as described.

That said—why would you want a replacement from a supposed 'stellar' seller who sent you a fake item? I certainly wouldn't. Even if it was a genuine mistake I wouldn't want to chance it twice.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous,

Just so you know, you have posted your issue on the U.S. Based site (ebay.com).  Most of the policies on the two sites are the same, but there are some differences.  To reach your home site's community use the link below.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@bioethical 

< asked to wait a month in order to replace the item >    

Never, ever agree to or opt for a replacement from the seller.  Other answers have told you why.  Always take the refund, then you can buy your own replacement... from another seller.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your good advise.  I've just asked for a refund.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your advise. I've just asked for a refund.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your good advise. I've just asked for a refund as you suggested.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I've just asked for a refund as you suggested. thank you.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I've just asked for a refund as you suggested.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply