cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay listing got removed after payment is done, issue with seller accout.

Hello,

I have bought an item item which costs 5700$. I have paid for the item. Ebay sent me an email saying below:

We wanted to let you know that an item you ordered is no longer on eBay because of an issue with the seller's account.

It's possible your order shipped before the listing was removed so it may still arrive, but if you do have any problems you're covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee and can request a refund.

Order number: xxxx

Item details: xxxx - Sony 

[TSC_BUYERNOTICE_ATO_NOCLAIM_NOFB_NOPAY_PTB2895]

Thanks for your understanding as we work to keep our marketplace safe. If you have any questions or concerns, just get in touch. We're here to help.

We appreciate your being part of the eBay community..

Thanks,

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Unable to edit above post. What should I do now. Is it fraud account? I also reached out to seller yesterday and he responded with this message:

Dear friend, first of all thank you very much for your purchase. Regarding the issue of fund security, we can only send you the project after risk control experts confirm that the funds are safe. When we list this item, the processing time is clearly stated as 30 days, and when you pay, we confirm that you have agreed to our shipping policy. We strictly adhere to eBay's limited delivery times (as shown), but we will often ship items to you earlier. Let you know the tracking information in a short time, we will send it to you on May 06. At the same time, we provide an unconditional return policy within 30 days. Since we are new sellers and lack experience in some business processes, please understand. Finally, I wish you and your family happiness every day. Thanks again

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

If, instead of your item, you get an envelope or parcel from this seller with some cheap trinket, or even a thank you letter, do NOT file an INR you will lose.

You will need to file an Item not as described case in that situation.

From the seller's wording, I'm going to assume also this was an overseas purchase?

If the seller is NARU (no longer a registered user) you MAY be able to file a claim to get your money back sooner.

Best to check back here before you do anything else.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Seller seems to be in US. I reached to ebay support and I was told to create a case by selecting item has not arrived.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/japper2112

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@anisha2123 wrote:

Seller seems to be in US. I reached to ebay support and I was told to create a case by selecting item has not arrived.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/japper2112

@anisha2123 

^^^ That is BAD advice. Follow @toomuchstuffagain35's instructions. Good luck to you.

Edit to add: You can't open an INR until one day past the Estimated Delivery Date on the Order. After that long lead time...

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Can you please let me know what should I do.

Above posted is the user from whom I have purchased.

Also forgot to mention, I have recieved below email as well with

subject: MC010 Account Security Communication Partner Warning 

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from  japper2112 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them.  Nothing is wrong with your account at this time – this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from japper2112 that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Can you see what the estimated delivery time is in the order details in your purchase history?

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

There was an estimated delivery date seen in the listing when you made your purchase.

If you do not receive your item by that date, you have 30 days to open an item not received case with eBay.

eBay buyers are well protected by the Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

After the smoke has cleared from this transaction, may I respectfully  suggest that you take the time to read it or review it?  

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Is this a frad/scam based on the above that i provided?

This is what he sent me yesterday . Now that I'm unable to retrieve the post, I'm unable to find ship date.

Ship by may 13th. But he said they might ship early by may 6th.

Dear friend, first of all thank you very much for your purchase. Regarding the issue of fund security, we can only send you the project after risk control experts confirm that the funds are safe. When we list this item, the processing time is clearly stated as 30 days, and when you pay, we confirm that you have agreed to our shipping policy. We strictly adhere to eBay's limited delivery times (as shown), but we will often ship items to you earlier. Let you know the tracking information in a short time, we will send it to you on May 06. At the same time, we provide an unconditional return policy within 30 days. Since we are new sellers and lack experience in some business processes, please understand. Finally, I wish you and your family happiness every day. Thanks again

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Ship by may 13th. But he said they might ship early by may 6th.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

There was an estimated delivery date in the listing when you made your purchase. What was that date?

That IS the EDD, more or less set in stone.

If/when you've not received your purchase by that date, you go to your Purchase History.

Find this particular purchase.  Click on it.  Scroll down.  Find "did not receive".  Click on it.

Give the seller 96 hours to respond.  No answer? Return to the case and ask eBay to step in.

No reason or need for any back-and-forth with the seller.  

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Thank for your response. I didn't take any screenshot of the listing, but I remember that it was in sometime May. I never thought listing will be deleted. My order details page doesn't list delivery date.

If it's past one month after payment and turns out to be scam, will ebay return my money.  What if seller ships something else like an envelope. How do I prove ebay that it doesn't match description as listing is deleted. Please let me know.

Appreciate all the help.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

It's my understanding that in cases where eBay has detected fraud an item not received case can be opened immediately. You need to go to the item in your purchase history and try to select 'I didn't receive it' under More actions. If you can do that now that will open a case. And if for some reason you get a empty envelope before that case can be settled you can go back and open a not as described case.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Hello quick update, spoke to ebay customer care through chat and I was told everything is looking normal from ebay side. Ebay asked me to wait till ship date(May 6th) and if I don't recieve the item they told me to open a case. Ebay customer care kept saying that I was fully protected if something goes wrong. They told me the listing was removed by ebay and ebay asked the seller to put back the listing after some corrections.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@anisha2123 wrote:

[TSC_BUYERNOTICE_ATO_NOCLAIM_NOFB_NOPAY_PTB2895] 

It's a hijacked account @anisha2123 meaning the scammer hacked that eBay user's account to post that listing for sale using photos copied from the internet.

And when a listing is removed, the delivery date is void and you'd want to start a refund request right away while eBay can still get your money back rather than pay you from their pocket.

But if you get a tracking number that says delivered but you didn't get anything and your case closes without getting you a refund, come back for help.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply