cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is as bad as as the worst theifing seller.

SELLER- never shipped idem I needed for grandchild for Christmas. Did not see unit to late this seller screwed many other people  too. Got one or two emails, it was on it's way. This was so he could screw many other buyers.  But guess what, never showed. Now can't get up with seller. Ebay should be better help than just a way to send messages that will not be answered. Asked for refund to no avail. Money should be held till idem received by buyer. On Ebay Buyer beware. Ebay is only friends with seller cause they get their money first.  Got to pull teeth to get Ebay to help out.  So mad I feel like dropping my Ebay account and go to Etsy or others. They use to be help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry this happened to you.  In the listing you saw an estimated delivery date.  Assuming that date was OK with you, since you went ahead and made the purchase.  Per eBay's Money Back Guarantee, if/when a purchase has not arrived by that date, you can open an item not received case the day after that.  Still no item 3 days after you opened the case, and no response from the seller? Then you return to your case and ask eBay to step in so you can be refunded.

So, since you are not an inexperienced buyer, assuming you opened a case.  Did you not return to it and escalate it? "Asked for refund to no avail." But did you open a case? You had 30 days to do so with eBay.  eBay does offer help, but you have to use it. 

If that timeline has passed, you can either open a case with Paypal if that's how you paid, or you can do a chargeback on your credit card.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Asked for refund to no avail.

@prodoorman 

Your seller doesn't have to respond to requests for refunds. Your seller WILL have to respond to an Item Not Received claim if/when you open one. As @soh.maryl suggests, you can open that (at least) one day past the Estimated Delivery Date on the order, if the item still isn't to you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Nothing different than 'Etsy',... you don't just 'ask for a refund' to the seller. Etsy has a 'system' that you need to use.

Also, as are ALL online sites, the delivery date is ALWAYS shown as 'Estimated' which means 'a guess that could VERY WELL not be exact' and with package delivery during Xmas season being even more prevalent, it's NOT unheard of for things to take an 'extra' couple days. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@prodoorman,

"Did not see unit until to late this seller screwed many other people too".

You have been a member long enough to know that you should check the feedback profile page of any seller you intend to buy from Before you make a purchase. Especially, if as their username indicates they are located in China and has a feedback percentage below 98.6%.  

In looking at some of their sold listings, I see they give about a 2 week to 30+ day estimated delivery time frame.  I hope you didn't buy the item less than a month ago.

It appears they may now be a Nolonger a registered user (NARU) so filing an Item Not Received (INR) money back guarantee dispute should get you a refund by the end of the week. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes would have done that, but in this case there was no way to do it, no taps showed any where to make case or anything but leave bad feed back. Just return idem. Never received idem but did anyway. That did not work or do anything. Feels like page resource was rewritten. Ebay changing a lot in things you can do. For assemble

look at way your orders work now. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The "way to do it" was this:  Go to your My eBay -- Purchase History, and find the item in question.

There's a drop down menu.  Don't recall the exact wording, but you want to click on the one that says "did not receive my item".

That enables you to open the INR case.  You have 30 days past the last estimated delivery date to do that.  You can't initiate that action til the item is at least one day overdue and you have 30 days to do so with eBay.

If you wait longer, you can open a case with Paypal if that's how you paid, or, last chance, you can do a chargeback with your credit card.

PS:  Have not had an INR for years, but don't think the way to handle it has changed substantially in decades.  Please read the Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply