cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Seller Violating Policies

I have been reporting this seller now since October 18, 2023, i have been reporting the account on chat, phone and reporting the seller and reporting item, this seller is violating multiple policies from contact business card in photo to store name being same as his outside website his prices on ebay are higher than outside website, he is using trademarks/copyrighted logos in photos to having duplicate listing.  They have deleted his listing only for them to resist items..  Everytime i call or chat they make more notes in on the account and they tell me the same thing that they are sending it to the back office team, this seller is a competitor of ours and i’m sick of him getting free advertisement.  Exactly how long will this process take for real action to be on the ebay account, obviously they gave a warning but the listings are still there, if anyone from the “back office” reads this can you contact me i would love to talk to someone regarding the complaints and nothing is done, it is as if they don’t care, it makes me feel that why should i follow the rules i’ll put my business card in my listings.  i think one issue is this seller has been selling for 10 years and has 15,000 sales, but I am sure could have been more but since you have your business card why would they buy from your ebay store when your outside store is cheaper.. sorry for rant.. has anyone else been down this path? Any advice as to get into contact with the higher ups to resolve this issue. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay Seller Violating Policies

So it sounds like you don't really care about anyone breaking policies as long as you're allowed to get away with doing it as well. If you suspect you wouldn't get away with it; you will continue to report until you run out of energy lol. I understand it's not fair when others break rules and seem to go unpunished, but that's how it goes sometimes. If you try it you might regret it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

i wouldn’t break policy it is me talking out of frustration, it sickens me that they aren’t doing anything these are clear violations.. smh

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You know, say what you will about me, I don't care, but here goes my response.

"WHO CARES!?"

Either you have too much time on your hands, you're being too petty or your sales suck and you blame the competitor for it.

If you have all this time, pour it into your listings, branding, marketing, promotions etc and improve your footprint. If you're just being petty, get over it. If your sales suck and you think the competitor is whooping you, pour the time into your listings like I said. Instead of dragging your competitor down, pump yourself up. If the competitor is more appealing than you, tearing them down doesn't result in your listing being more appealing. If a buyer looks at your listing, and looks at their listing, and buys theirs, don't look at it as they beat you, look at it as you failed to close the deal. When a buyer looks at your listing, the goal should be for them to not need to go any further. Doesnt matter what any other listing is like, you should be able to seal the deal whether you have 1 competitor or 100. 

Tearing a competitor down does nothing to make yourself more appealing to the buyer, it just means a new competitor will pop up and the buyer will go there. Make your listings the go-to, and win buyers over, regardless of what malfeasance ANY competitors do. I don't care if you face 1 or 100 competitors.

I do not condone the policy violations, but I would be a heck of a lot more understanding if you went to these levels for fraud type violations. Clearly selling counterfeits and such. I have seen counterfeit coins being sold and reported it. That's truly malicious. Your competitor does not appear to be acting maliciously either towards buyers or other sellers. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@brca-510783,

Unfortunately, multiple reports from one individual about a seller, especially one who sells the same items, rarely get any action at all from ebay. As far as "Back Office" employees seeing this post, that very rarely happens. 

While I can understand your frustration with having to deal with a competitor who is breaking the rules to gain a leg up, on their competition there's not much ebay can do. They are not going to task someone to keep track of the seller's listings and  delete the offending ones.

This may be a long shot, but you could try contacting ebay through one of their social media sites (links below)

I would do that after checking any current listings where they give outside ebay contact info and saving the item numbers of them.  If you post several and describe where the violations occur.

Ex: Item # 123456789321 photo #3 is of a business card w/ another site and/or phone number. It says to contact them via that info in the description.  Give the reps, the seller's username, and sign it with your real and ebay username.  Those reps do have the ability to do things that the phone or chat reps cannot.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"has anyone else been down this path? Any advice as to get into contact with the higher ups to resolve this issue."

The story is that no one from eBay wants to hear about it. EBay has over 1.5 billion listings and there are not eBay employees that address or scrutinize eBay listings that are reported. 

Most all of eBay's listing takedowns are by bots, no human interaction.  It is a waste of time calling eBay. 

Report the listing and move on.

Posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply