cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Authentication Wait Time

Has any of you used the eBay authentication service? I purchased shoes on 12/5. Seller shipped w/ tracking on 12/6 for authentication. 12/21 and no updates on authentication status/ updated tracking since 12/12. Expected delivery was 12/15. Contacted eBay regarding status. eBay has now given me until 12/25 Christmas before a claim can be processed. There goes my son’s Christmas Day surprise. Love the peace of mind that I’m receiving an authentic product, but it’s ridiculous having to wait almost a month to receive the product. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay Authentication Wait Time

@kobisking,

The unprecedented volume of package delivery, and resurgence of covid in some areas has slowed shipping to a crawl.  Depending on the seller's location the item may not have left their state yet. I have packages shipped and accepted on 12/7 & 8, that only yesterday started moving to regional facilities in the more rural western part of my state, where the resurgence did not hit as hard. There is a map of highly affected areas, if you do an online search for downdetector USPS outage map. That could explain why there have been no updates. 

You may have to print out photos of what you are giving your son, box, wrap them and put that under the tree. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It's a Covid Christmas, ALL shipping services (USPS,UPS, FedEx etc) are backlogged, the authentication service is probably backlogged as well.

In normal times it might be 3 - 4 days to the authenticator, 3 -4 days for them to process, 3 - 4 days to be sent on to you. These are not normal times, what might have taken 12 BUSINESSS days can easily take twice as long under current conditions.

What did the tracking show on the 12th?

By the way Dec 6 to Dec 25 isn't really "almost a month", not even three weeks.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Just another thing to make using ebay slower. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@kobisking,

The unprecedented volume of package delivery, and resurgence of covid in some areas has slowed shipping to a crawl.  Depending on the seller's location the item may not have left their state yet. I have packages shipped and accepted on 12/7 & 8, that only yesterday started moving to regional facilities in the more rural western part of my state, where the resurgence did not hit as hard. There is a map of highly affected areas, if you do an online search for downdetector USPS outage map. That could explain why there have been no updates. 

You may have to print out photos of what you are giving your son, box, wrap them and put that under the tree. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Tracking ended on 12th. Stating a delay. Filed a dispute since no updates. eBay closed case a refunded funds stating that tracking number was invalid. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks Mudshark61369 for the helpful response.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Just wanted to provide a final update in case someone has a similar question. I did receive a refund on the item, however the item arrived to my residence today (January 8, 2021) a month and two days after the seller dropped them off at the post office. Not sure why the Authenticator did not send item back to seller? I’ve been refunded and case closed? I’ve contacted both eBay and seller to get him his money. Item purchased on 12/5/20. Seller dropped off at Post Office on 12/6/20. Arrived at front door on 1/8/21 by Fed Ex after authentication. One month two days once seller dropped off item. Another note, eBay states that signature would be required on delivery. No signature was required. Thanks for the immediate feedback community. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Incorrect. This has nothing to do with shipping times. It's poor execution on ebay's part using unaccountable resources.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

IMO, this whole "Authentication Process" should only be applied to non-authorized sellers. It is ridiculous to purchase a pair of shoes from the actual manufacturer and have to wait for them for up to 20 days. Or, at least, the buyer should be given the option to bypass this whole process and be exempt from the "Buyback Guarantee" policy. I will not buy again from eBay any product that is subject to this policy if given similar options elsewhere, even at a slightly higher price.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

shipping services stopped getting signatures because of covid way back.The driver signs for you

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This thread is from December 2020. OP is long gone.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply