cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Shipping between platforms and tracking information

Can someone please shed some light on how drop shipping and tracking numbers work.  I purchased an item off of ebay from a seller in California.  I am in Colorado.  I purchased on a Saturday night, and the tracking was marked as delivered to my zipcode monday morning.  I did not recieve the item on monday nor does my mail arrive before the afternoon. So I waited a few days in case it was an incorrectly uploaded tracking number as I know from being a seller that there is no way a package could have traveled that far in such a short time.  The item arrived on Thursday of that week in an amazon box with amazon invoices inside.  I recieved the item so that's all good, but if I hadn't recieved the item and it was showing as delivered then I would be out of luck.  How was the seller able to get that showing as delivered so quickly without an actual delivery?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Drop Shipping between platforms and tracking information

Maybe the Mail carrier scanned it delivered but didn’t deliver it? It’s actually not all that uncommon for packages that show delivered on the tracking to show up a few days later. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Is it a USPS racking number or some other carrier?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@greengorn

Also, sometimes the carrier accidentally scans an item as being delivered when it was meant to be accepted.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It was a USPS tracking number.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply