cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this Dvd fall under the catagory of copyright infringement?

This seller keeps selling this dvd which is a counterfeit dvd since it was never officially released on dvd here in this country? I think it was on vhs for a short time somewhere else, but never legally released. So isn't this a pirated copy or fake copy? Or does the seller have the right to sell it? The item number is : 155529128859

If there's nothing wrong with them selling this, then I'm gonna raise pure HE** . Inquiring minds wanna know.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Does this Dvd fall under the catagory of copyright infringement?

Looks like they are selling illegal homemade copies and just havent been caught yet (based on their neutral feedbacks)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

They're selling homemade copies of this. These are DVD-R's they're using and falsely selling it as a "manufactured" legit made dvd. I've reported this seller numerous times, but Ebay keeps telling me that it doesn't violate any rules...so what's up with that?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Why are you wasting so much emotional energy on this?

Were you doing this and got caught and now you're trying to level the playing field?

It's just extremely odd how you're spamming The Forum with your multiple posts about something that's majorly triggering you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A quick Google search reveals a number of online retailers that either currently stock this DVD or have previously stocked it, including Amazon. So perhaps it's not as pirated as you think. In any event, with current world events this seems a pretty inconsequential thing to get so worked up over.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@scuby109,

The "movie" was actually a TV mini series that first played in 1989.  There was a very limited release VHS made of it.  It is possible the rights to the movie were allowed to lapse, and are now in the public domain. This happens to many privately and/or independently produced movies.  So DVDs and streaming videos, can be made or shown without copyright infringement.   It is actually available to be watched on YouTube and Amazon Prime. 

"If there's nothing wrong with them selling this, then I'm gonna raise pure HE**".

Why would you get so upset if the seller has done nothing wrong?  Off the top of my head I can think of about a dozen movies that have been reproduced on VHS and DVD over the years, that starred actors who later became very famous, because the Producer let the rights lapse. Some of their families contested the ability of someone to reproduce the films, but lost.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Not gonna worry about it no more...Karma will come back and bite this seller in the ass eventually. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply