cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need my own debit card to buy items on eBay?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, and you will need to call your bank in Sri Lanka to find out your limits on foreign transactions because payments from Sri Lanka are routinely blocked. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, and you will need to call your bank in Sri Lanka to find out your limits on foreign transactions because payments from Sri Lanka are routinely blocked. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks dear... your details are very helpful

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes, it's your stinking government's fault. Their sudden organic requirements caused low crop yields and shortages happened and fuel shortages followed. There's not enough $ to run the government. They're low on foreign reserves so foreign transactions are limited. Your bank should remove the block if you call them. 

Other buyers from SL have said Sampath Plc and Hatton National Plc doesn't block. 

It's important your payment gets accepted because if it's unpaid after 4 days you get an unpaid strike. Two strikes will get you blocked from bidding by most sellers.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

They SL govt have been offered financial assistance though, but only if they raise the taxes........ sure all the people in SL already struggling with low income will be thrilled about this help..........

Sorry, off topic I know

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It is a bad idea to use a debit card for buying online.

Because it draws on your bank account balance, once the payment is made, you cannot retrieve it.

Use a credit card to back your payment processor.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you... It will help

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you... It will help

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

They just  raised taxes 3%, from 12% to 15% for higher income citizens and corporations.

But the 2.9 billion by IMF sounds like a lot but what is that when they need many more billions than 2.9?

Their government reported when foreign reserves were below 50 million a few months ago that they needed 6.7 billion over the next six months.  This measure will help but not for long.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

They just raised taxes 3%, from 12% to 15% for higher income citizens and corporations.

US TAX BRACKETS.png

Message 10 of 10
latest reply