cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadbeat sellers on ebay

Is the "flu" causing more DEADBEAT SELLER complaints these days?  Ebay needs to require sellers to at the very least provide an order acknowledgement upon receiving an order and even better, also a shipping tracking # - if this is it too difficult for a DEADBEAT SELLER to do then they should not be allowed to sell on ebay.  Buyers need a quick recourse to get their money refunded for items from DEADBEAT SELLERS rather than having it tied up waiting for the ponderous process of INR.

I have placed orders with two DEADBEAT SELLERS  in just one week here on ebay.   On both items neither seller provided a tracking #,  or any sort of communication several days after the order date.  I contacted one of them and without any response or explanation seller cancelled the order - that is fine because I got my money returned quickly - but why even list items on ebay if you're not going to bother to ship it after its purchased?  The 2nd deadbeat seller has not responded to several queries and has provided no tracking # or any acknowlegement of the order.  Now, according to the DEADBEAT SELLER policy I have to wait one day after the last estimated shipping arrival date to file a INR case and then I have to wait until the DEADBEAT SELLER does not contact me for 3 more days and then after several weeks I will get my money back.   Meanwhile my money is tied up waiting for the refund - money I need to be able to purchase that item elsewhere - an item that I need.  Sure, shipping has been somewhat slowed down but at least if there is a tracking # one can be aware of the status and not have to guess and worry.  How many times will ebay allow a deadbeat seller to list items on ebay before terminating them from selling?  Lesson learned - do not purchase any item that you expect to receive on time, or even receive at all - purchase those items elsewhere.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Deadbeat sellers on ebay

"...neither seller provided a tracking #,  or any sort of communication ..."

You do realize that sellers are under absolutely no requirement to do either?

Perhaps a brick and mortar type store would be a better experience for you.
Thanks for posting.....

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Lesson learned - do not purchase any item that you expect to receive on time, or even receive at all - purchase those items elsewhere.

@private5230 

Agreed. Time-sensitive items are not the best to purchase here. I vet my sellers... try that to avoid the DEADBEATS.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

All sellers on eBay are individuals or individual companies that have their way of doing things. Each one may have different problems in life, some may even die before shipping your item out (be it flu, rona or anything else). Relative may be taking care of the account while person is in the hospital and such.

I have read allot of stories and can tell you that things happen, even storage units of eBay sellers get robbed and they just have to cancel some orders as items are GONE.

You never know what is the situation so just rely on eBay policies when making purchases and don't expect every transaction to be perfect.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Very interesting replies to my comment here - basically "Oh well, hey, that's just ebay for ya - keep your expectations low and you'll be fine - buy your items from a local vendor.."

So, as long as the seller provides a tracking # buyer just has to sit back and wait it out and hope it was actually shipped and then wait for up to 4 weeks or more to actually get a refund.

As per my original post the item is still sitting in the same shipping status some 19 days later.   The seller worldofbooksusa replied to my request:

Seller’s message: "Item has been shipped on 12/01/2022. We require up to 14 working days for delivery; therefore the package is still within our delivery estimates. I can confirm that your package is on its way so if it hasn't arrived after the timeframe, please contact us again."  

Too funny - seller didn't even bother to check and see that the items still awaits the "shipping partner."

TOO BIG TO CARE should be this seller's motto.

Note that seller didn't even bother to check the shipping status - just a robot clone message.

And MY MONEY IS STILL TIED UP - I can't ask ebay to "step in" until 12/22.   That will be a full 3 weeks since date of order.  It only takes one bad seller like this to ruin ebay for many buyers and confirm that they should shop elsewhere.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread that is 11 months old.  eBay needs to automatically close these after 2 months.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

ZOMBIE thread that is 11 months old.  eBay needs to automatically close these after 2 months.

Agreed. But it’s the OP who responded to this thread nearly a year later. Talk about slow response. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@private5230 wrote:

Very interesting replies to my comment here - basically "Oh well, hey, that's just ebay for ya - keep your expectations low and you'll be fine - buy your items from a local vendor.."

So, as long as the seller provides a tracking # buyer just has to sit back and wait it out and hope it was actually shipped and then wait for up to 4 weeks or more to actually get a refund.

As per my original post the item is still sitting in the same shipping status some 19 days later.   The seller worldofbooksusa replied to my request:

Seller’s message: "Item has been shipped on 12/01/2022. We require up to 14 working days for delivery; therefore the package is still within our delivery estimates. I can confirm that your package is on its way so if it hasn't arrived after the timeframe, please contact us again."  

Too funny - seller didn't even bother to check and see that the items still awaits the "shipping partner."

TOO BIG TO CARE should be this seller's motto.

Note that seller didn't even bother to check the shipping status - just a robot clone message.

And MY MONEY IS STILL TIED UP - I can't ask ebay to "step in" until 12/22.   That will be a full 3 weeks since date of order.  It only takes one bad seller like this to ruin ebay for many buyers and confirm that they should shop elsewhere.

@private5230 

You may not realize this but many post offices have dropped the ball by not scanning. 
At this writing I have at least 6 packages in transit through the postal system that never where scanned at pick up and say awaiting shipping partner. So don’t blame your seller for PO failure to do their job. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply