cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

BEWARE - THE CHINESE GOV'T STRONGLY SUBSIDIZES SHIPMENTS FROM CHINA. iF THERE IS ANY POSSIBILITY THE ITEM YOU ARE BUYING FROM CHINA WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE CONSIDER HAVING TO PAY MOST OF THE COST OF THE ITEM TO RETURN IT OR FORGO A REFUND DUE TO THE RETURN SHIPPING COSTS TO CHINA.

The original listing stated that the seller would accept return shipping without stipulating any other criteria.
The seller changed the listing after I ordered - the statement regarding return shipment was changed to buyer.
I requested ebay provide me the previous listing and they would not. They only tell me the listing changed nothing about the shipping. I specifically selected this listing due to the generous return shipping policy due to my concern that the part might not fit.
The USPS has changed its policy regarding shipping to china causing me to have to use UPS, FedEx or DHL shipping of witch the least is more than half of the two hundred plus I paid for the screen.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

The USPS has changed its policy regarding shipping to china causing me to have to use UPS, FedEx or DHL shipping of witch the least is more than half of the two hundred plus I paid for the screen.

@plsjr 

If you got an item that was "not as described" you need to follow the protocol of making a return request, and returning to the case after three days to escalate it (ask eBay to step in and help).  The seller is then required to either refund you through eBay, provide a pre-paid return label (they can't) or send you the money for a return label with delivery confirmation back to their location (usually through PayPal) . 

THIS IS THE POLICY REGARDLESS OF THE SELLER'S SHIPPING POLICY.  If they send you something that is not as described, then they must take action as outlined above ^^^^^^.  

Sellers in China know all this, and will communicate with you with all sorts of "excuses" why they can't proceed. One of the famous ones is that the "can't refund until you close the case" which a total lie.

Here is the information you need (with additional links) on what you are supposed to do when you receive  an item that is not as described:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041&st=12&pos=1&query=Return...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

A part that does not fit is a remorse return and the buyer is always responsible for return shipping. For an item not described case, the seller is responsible to furnish a return label,or if it is an international sale, to then send the funds for a return shipping label. If he does not do that, the buyer can ask Ebay to step in, Ebay will almost immediately refund the buyer and he wont have to return the item.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

Hi @plsjr 

There are many good reasons not to buy from China ... but yours isn't one of them.

Buyers are bound by the conditions in the listing at the time they purchased the item.  Any changes the seller might make to a listing after your purchase only affects future buyers of the item. 

You should be able to see the original listing in your Purchase History.   eBay shouldn't have to 'provide you the previous listing'.  [Perhaps the listing changed before you made your purchase, but you didn't notice it.  OR perhaps you saw another listing and confused the two.]

BTW, sellers are always responsible for paying return shipping upfront ... OR providing a prepaid shipping label ... whenever the item doesn't match the description or photos.  [Sellers in other countries cannot provide shipping labels ... so must provide money for return shipping.]

I would never ship an item back to China under any circumstances, as there is an excellent chance it will be lost before reaching the seller.  [Actually, I would never buy an item from China in the first place, because of the many tricks certain sellers in China play on buyers.]

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

Anytime you get a reply from the seller that does not sound legitimate & you feel shorted, like you've been done wrong, especially whenever you get sold one thing, their advertising & pics depict another, but what you get is something that looks similar, but in a really bad way... been there, too many times. But by now I found my favorite Sellers & I kind of stick with them because they always do me right & always make it right when I'm not. But I've had a few that do everything in the book to not abide by the rules. They beg... "Wait one more week". Next week, the same thing. Then it's 30 days past your ETA, suddenly they make like Copperfield & disappear, stop answering your messages, even worse, block you. Like someone else said, and I've had several do this, they promise to refund me immediately, but "Can't" w/open case, ask you to drop the case first. NEVER, EVER! I fell for that one once, don't never fall for that, because then you're screwed. I think sellers should be punished whenever they do that to a buyer- especially a new to ebay buyer. That is flat out lying & super dirty. But most of them wig out if you open a case on them, it's their Kryptonite. I like to avoid it because I don't like to harm anyones bread & butter, but if someone's trying to do me dirty on purpose... let's play! Usually just  making the threat of makes them think clear,  they see you not going to back down, or think it's not worth it your time (like many do), you quickly get refunded. Just be aware of the rules & let them KNOW THAT YOU KNOW what they are. That usually does it &  if not, I find eBay is one of the best companies I know of that make sure you get made whole if deserved & gives you money back. They truly honor the 100% back guarantee. (Unlike their competitor, my personal experience). Except I've had a few times whenever a seller would bundle my orders together & not send me everything, lie about it & refuse to make me whole. I file case & since the package has been delivered, they get away with it, but not really because I just don't buy from that seller again, I clue my people in on who's dirty & give them their well deserved & my honest feedback. And of course, karma takes care of the rest eventually. She sees all!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

That's absolutely true and correct that you shouldn't order anything from eBay that's being made and shipped from China. Ordered a pair of Levi jeans and I got them and the stich design on both back pockets are not Levi stitching designs and not the Levi tag on the side of the back pocket and it has the back belt loop logo patch and they are knockoffs. Ordered a couple of items recently not knowing that they were made and being shipped from China and they were paid for and it was over a week and they were still showing paid and not ever shipped out for delivery and they kept saying they were really sorry for the delay and it was another week after they were paid for and not being shipped out for delivery and I cancelled the order. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

DON"T BUY FROM CHINA

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply