cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC states item delivered, it was not. I am a seasoned seller and buyer, well over 20 years.

Why I didn't check sellers feedback is beyond me!  They only had 3 and one was a negative for the exact item I ordered!  Now,  I'm out 60.00 as eBay sided with the seller because it says delivered.  NOW they are No Longer Registered!  Do I have any recourse besides grinning and bearing it?  An appeal?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: DC states item delivered, it was not. I am a seasoned seller and buyer, well over 20 years.

Unless you can prove that your item was not delivered to your address, an appeal won't help. If you can get a letter from the carrier stating that it wasn't delivered to your address, on their letterhead, with a signature and contact number, then you might have a chance on appeal.

Otherwise, you might have to go to your payment source. PayPal if you used them, or your credit card co.

Re: DC states item delivered, it was not. I am a seasoned seller and buyer, well over 20 years.

@barbeezndolls 

If tracking shows the item was delivered, contact the carrier and see if the package was addressed to you.

If it wasn't, get them to send you a letter stating that the package with that tracking number was not addressed to you, then use that letter to appeal the case.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Do I have any recourse besides grinning and bearing it?

@barbeezndolls 

Of course you have recourse.  You have the eBay Money Back Guarantee.  The only time it doesn't work is in the case of the "fake tracking" scam of which you appear to be a victim.  But there is indeed hope!!! Can you view the tracking history?   Many times they will use a tracking number issued before you even paid, or one to your zipcode for a 50 lb. box, when your item is under a pound or so.   Are there any abnormal things going on?  Check the date stamps, etc.   Did you get any parcels of late that you didn't remember ordering?  Sometimes they will ship some cheap item  to your address just to get that D/C number. 

If you don't have the tracking number used against you, eBay is NOT likely to provide it.  

As suggested above, you may need some some sort of documentation from USPS, UPS, etc. saying the parcel was NOT addressed to you.  If they require it,  there are few ways that it can be accomplished.  Please return here and ask.   I am thinking you may not even need it. 

Since your seller has already been kicked off eBay, you may get a refund anyway.  Don't bother contacting the regular eBay CS.  They can only deny, deny, and deny some more, and they have no tools to help you. 

You need to post to the eBay for Business Facebook page.   Use the SEND MESSAGE button, and document your issue (item number,  your contact info, etc.  making note of the "fake tracking" issue and mentioning the seller is no longer a registered user.   

The eBay staff that monitors the message system is well aware of the issue AND has the tools to help you.  

Do let us know how it turns out. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@barbeezndolls,

Even if the seller has been removed you need information from the carrier stating the address on the label was not yours and/or that the package type, size, weight was not appropriate for what you should have received. eBay will not accept an email from a carrier, and most carriers will not send anything to you. That means you have to do some leg work to file an appeal.

Go to your  local Post Office, UPS or FedEx store and bring proof of you being the recipient, eBay Order Details and Purchase History pages w/ the tracking number on it.   If you used a phone/tablet etc. for the purchase bring that, or print copies of those pages if you used a computer.

At the store ask the clerk to compare the shipping label info address, package type/size/weight to the Order details info. They cannot give out specific information, but they can write a note on company stationary  saying things like; the shipping label's address does not match yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight. doesn't match what you should have received. 

The note needs to be signed and dated by the clerk and give the store#.

With that info you can file an appeal. When you do there will be a place to upload documentation, a clear photo or scan of the note.  Appeals are looked at by real people and the info you provide will cause you to win.

The link below tells you how to file an appeal.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes I was just checking for odd behavior.  My order was for a bottle of vitamins,  there are 2 tracking numbers listed for this package,  one says delivered the 6th and the other the 9th!  Also,  weight for item was listed as 10.5 lbs!  Last I checked,  vitamins in a plastic bottle are probably less than 8 ounces. (I've worked with weights and measures my entire life) I will try the helpful suggestions posted here.  Thank you all.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Based on my experience in three similar instances; I think not. In the first case just before COVID, I was able to call eBay and the end results was helpful. After COVID: I am not able to reach customer service by phone and basically have been told by way of  recorded messages, to handle the situation myself by contacting the buyer (which has layers of problems) or to take it to social media. (sigh) 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply