cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit items

I bid on some Pokemon cards the other day. After I won the auctions I found out that all the cards I bid on are fakes. The buyer initially claimed they are real. But after and friend and I looked and pointed out how they are not he has ignored all my messages, and refuses to cancel my order. He then canceled all his other items and when I go to send a message it says he will be out of the office till the 30th. Should I just pay for the cards and get a refund once they arrive, if he even ships them, since I know 100% they are counterfeit? Ebay doesn't give me an option to get and help on there cards and don't want to have to spend the time it will take to get my money back. Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Counterfeit items

The time to actually look at what you are buying or bidding on is before you make the commitment, not after. 
Sellers are not required to cancel transactions. If you haven't paid for the item or received it, there isn't anything eBay can do at this point.
Just pay for your item, wait to receive the item and return it citing as not as described. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Why would you pay for something you "know 100% they are counterfeit"?

I wouldn't.

The worst that can happen is you'll get a "unpaid item strike" which in my opinion doesn't do a whole lot. And its unlikely the seller will follow thru so that you would get the strike.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

If you don't pay, you'll  get an unpaid item strike... If you pay, when the item arrives, file an INAD (item not as described) case.  There's very little time involved on your part, system is automated, and you just follow the instructions exactly, and you'll be refunded.  The choice is yours.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Edit: To make this all better this seller has bought one of my cards lmao.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Not paying will only hurt the buyer.

Paying, then filing an INAD would go against the seller.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

@trevorts_cards wrote:

Edit: To make this all better this buyer has bought one of my cards lmao.

Your seller of the pokeman card has bought from you? Is that what you meant to say?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Yes he bought one of my items. Assuming he is going to try to use that as leverage somehow?? All I know is my item is 100% real.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

@trevorts_cards 

This is one of the biggest reasons you should have separate accounts for buying and selling. Because yes, there's a really good possibility the seller purchased from you to either use the purchase as leverage or just leave you a neg as soon you leave him one.

Your original post mention auctions, plural. If it actually is more than one auction you have no choice but to pay, then open a case when the cards arrive. If you don't you'll get a nonpayment strike for each listing, and two strikes in a 12-month period is the threshold that will get you blocked by many sellers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Thank you ya I'll probably have to make an alt account just to buy stuff which is annoying doesn't help eBay only really uses bots to look over most reviews instead of actually people because if an actual human compared the item he is selling compared to the actual I believe it'll only take a minute to see it is counterfeit, thanks for the tip!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Counterfeit items

Be real careful when opening a second account.

One input error and the first account might get a temporary hold as well as the second account.

I read some of the posts here of sellers opening a second account and something goes wrong on inputting information on a second account.

I like the fact sellers and buyers see that I sell as well as buy items with the same account.

Reading a seller's feedback and such does helpmate some degree.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply