cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conned by a Seller!

Buyers BEWARE!

I was recently shopping for some themed playing card decks.
I purchased 2 separate items on 13th and 14th of March.
Seller then marked them as shipped on 15th and entered the same tracking # to the transactions.
So far so good, right? Like all you guys, I am thinking that I am getting them at the same time.
Good for seller (shipping cost wise) and good for me!
Package arrives..... Only one of the decks is in the padded envelope!
And...Now it shows on ebay that they both are delivered...I can not even say that I did not receive it.
See how clever this con is?
Now some of you may think that it may be a honest mistake. However despite all my messages and efforts this powerful Seller just kept stalling me. I opened a case on Paypal where I was only allowed to open a case as ebay did not gave me that option(remember the item shows delivered) and after a few days of "reviewing"
paypal denied me and closed the case.. So now what? Lost money, no item...Leave negative feedback to try warning other buyers and maybe also feel a tidbit good? 
I am not saying do not buy multiple items on ebay... 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Conned by a Seller!

Did you filed a Item not as a described claim, as you only received 1 not 2. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Conned by a Seller!

You should not have opened an "item not received" case. You should have opened an "item not as described" case.

I do realize that you did not "receive" (one of) the item but since you purchased two and received one, what you paid for was "not as described."

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Conned by a Seller!

I had this happen to me as well.  Bought 3 phone cases and only got 2.  Seller put the same tracking # on all three.  When only 2 arrived, I contacted the seller and he said to open a return case and he would refund me...

...uh yeah...right...I thought that I would open a item not as described case...missing parts/pieces since the entire order was for 3 cases and I only got two but I was still insure if that was the correct way to proceed. 

I contacted eBay CS...got a call back and explained to them the situation.  I was unsure as to what type of case to open since I could not open an item not received request.  CS rep opened a case on my behalf...the exact case that I had thought...INAD/missing parts or pieces.   Seller dragged until the last day and then "approved" my request...please send the item back for a full refund...Uh-huh...

Had eBay call me today so that I could again explain this...told them that CS rep opened this case since I was unsure how to handle the situation.  She refunded me...told me that eBay just took the hit on it.  I was peeved!  That is NOT fair to eBay.  She assured me that when this type of thing happens, there is a recorded of situation with the seller.  If the seller gets too many situations of this nature brought to their attention, the seller does suffer consequences.

BTW...I got a CS rep from the USA!  So she was not one of those scripted reps from overseas.  She knew her facts so even though the jerk seller got away with this transaction, I am happy to know that he is now on eBay's radar.

Gotta keep reporting these jerks  sellers.  😁

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Conned by a Seller!

Obviously, you opened the wrong case.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Conned by a Seller!

@chelaswelcome1003 

You lost the INR case because tracking shows it was delivered.

Since you opened a case on Pay Pal, you can't open a case on Ebay now.

Next time it happens, go to the resolution center below and select, the item doesn't match the description.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply