cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying, local pickup. Seller not responding

So seller had an item listed with a fixed price and make offer. I made an offer, seller accepted. I paid immediately. Seller will not respond to messages, yet they accepted my offer. I only know the town and state, I need the address to pickup the item. What do I do when the seller is not responding at all to multiple messages?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buying, local pickup. Seller not responding

How long ago was your offer accepted? Maybe the seller set his listing to automatically accept any offers above a certain amount and hasn’t logged in yet.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buying, local pickup. Seller not responding

@volvo180d,

Did you check the seller's feedback profile page before buying from them?  They could have a fair number of feedback and a 100% rating but it could all be for buying at least in the last 12 months.  If you find that they have no feedback for selling or have not received any in over a year, they may not know that ebay places a 21 day hold on all new/returning sellers first few payments.  You could try messaging them and tell them if they have not contacted you because your payment is marked as Pending, to do a Google search for "Payments on hold, ebay".  If they do that they will get the info needed to complete the transaction and get the funds released sooner.

As for buying from local pickup listings,

You should know that you do not have to pay before meeting up with the seller.  Payment can be made when you meet either electronically or w/ cash, check etc..  When you paid if you chose the local Pickup option, you should have received the seller's contact information in an ebay message or an email.  You may want to check your email and if there isn't a message try your spam/junk/business folders, for one.   The message should also include a QR code or a 6 digit numerical code that lets ebay know if the transaction was completed.   Read the info in the link below about buying from local pickup listings.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/shipping-delivery/changing-delivery-address-method/local-pickup?id=...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply