cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers cancel orders after a bid is won, I have paid, or they shipped.

I ordered these shoes for the buy now price, and they were shipped the same day. The next night, I get a cancellation notification because the item is “damaged or out of stock” even though the order was already marked as shipped. This has already happened to me multiple times where sellers cancel the order after they have been shipped or paid for and I truly believe it’s because they don’t like how much they sold it for so they just cancel the order. One seller even said how when the bid was over they expected their item to sell for more so they said they are canceling it. I understand there is no way to force someone to physically ship products but I’m tired of seller simply promising prices and changing their minds by marking the item ash “damaged or out of stock”. Is there anything I can do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Nope, zip, nada, nothing you can do. You can try leaving negative feedback but that may get removed too since you were refunded. I've had about 6 cancellation/refunds myself in the past 2 months, very frustrating.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@chans_kicks wrote:

Is there anything I can do?

You can contact ebay to voice your displeasure

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@chans_kicks wrote:

Is there anything I can do?

You can contact ebay to voice your displeasure

Oh and while you're at it put the seller on your seller block list that doesn't exist

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I was thinking because this happens a lot more often in the past few years, eBay should start charging the sellers for cancellations.  My idea was that those cancel fees would go into a fund and then the buyers' who's item was cancelled, would get a percentage back of the item price they never got.  The money would come out of this fund.  Sure, mistakes happen for sellers, but it seems like the gaming of the system is more often than ever and when buyers spend time researching, bidding, waiting, the buyer loses all this time spent on finding the item with no reward.  Time is money, so why don't the buyers not get compensation for time lost?  The buyer wins the auction and promptly pays, but because the price is too low, now they lose time and the item because the seller cancels?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply