cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left with lack of support or protection

Bash every word of advise I have to offer, if you will.  I am doing nothing but trying to right a wrong.  Not only for myself but also for hundreds of people who have been taken advantage of.  Calls and item reports just get sweep under the carpet by ebay.  

Originally I noticed suspicious activity when bidding with a certain seller and now I have come to realize that the problem is with a group of sellers.  

They run bids up.  Again, say what you will, but I KNOW for a fact that they use bidders who will run bids up then retract the bid once they get a bidder beyond the price they are after.  These bidders are also ALWAYS the winners of their low auctions.  The group of bidders circulate through the sellers I am refering to, they are on every single one of the sellers listings, their auction wins and retractions are not reflected in their profile, and they frequently change their profile.

The sellers feedbacks are full of  legitimate buyers saying exactly what I am saying, yet they keep  selling every day.  

I've learned a valuable lesson about just how much ebay protects their buyers, sellers and themself.  I've learned that letting competative bidding get the best of you can really screw you over.  I've learned that some are able to manipulate the system without reprecussions.  I've become jaded with the whole ebay experience.

Now, don't tell me about not bidding on their auctions - I don't!  And, there is pain everytime I witness another buyer scammed by these unscrupulous sellers.   I've tried to get ebay to help - they don't!  

So, critique every word I write and make unfounded and uninformed judgements about me,  but just know that if sellers are allowed to behave this way - I am at risk and unprotected and so are you.  Because, if these people are able to bypass and manipulate fair bidding through ebays systems, what are their limitations with any of your personal information?

And, if after looking into this as much as I have, and coming to any other conclusion - you're wrong!

The one thing you need to take away for this is that no matter who is doing the bidding and retracting - it IS against the rules, policies, and regulations of fair, safe bidding on ebay. 

Try to cancel a bid within the last twelve hours of an auction and tell me how it turns out for you.

And, if you have all the answers, tell me who these sellers and bidders are and how they do what they are doing.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Buyer left with lack of support or protection

Stuff from China .... correct?

You have some responsibility here also, along with those other buyers. If people didn't buy from them they wouldn't be in business.

Also you don't seem to vett your sellers at all feedback at or below 98% is terrible, especially at those level of sales.

Many buyers (of the buyers that do buy from China) have the attitude they won't spend more from China then they are willing to throw away.

China has different laws about a lot of things, especially the internet. With their laws and the agreement between the Chinese government and eBay (who knows what is in that) and eBay's business model that "China is our future" there probably is very little they can and/or will do.

So you must protect yourself. You find someone like this do not buy from them. But too many buyers reward bad sellers and make it very profitable for them to continue bad practices.... why would they want to change?

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Nobody is forced to shop on eBay, and each member is responsible for their own activity. If you are wise enough to see a scam, then move on. Not every seller on eBay is a thief, there are actually many sellers here who take pride in their work, and their professionalism is rewarded with repeat buyers.  If a seller has a store with more than 98% positive feedback, then they are reputable and they are not going to risk their store for a small time scam. 

It is the sole decision of a buyer to purchase an item from any specific seller. Ebay will protect you from fraudulent transactions, but who will protect you from yourself if you do not use common sense when coming across these scam listings?

While I do understand the OPs advice, there seems to be a lack of accountibility in the mentality of the buyer.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

There's a difference between a seller cancelling a bid and a buyer retracting a bid. Looks like those bids were cancelled by the seller.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Like I said, judge me if it what makes you feel good about yourself.  But, also know I hope that people like me save people like you from YOURSELF.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Find something else to obsess over, this will just make you get heart burn and is a lost cause

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Retracted bids - please see the attachments.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

The attachments clearly show that the bids were canceled. Not retracted. 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

You are a bit sensitive. I am not judging you. I am just calling it the way I'm reading it. Many buyers lack accountability on this site, and that's no secret.
And how the heck are you going to save me from myself? Was that just a knee-jerk response, because it doesn't sound like you put any thought into that "burn".
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

A cancelled SALE comes from the seller.  Retracted bids, from buyers, and have restrictions.  And, they do not show in bidding history.  But, sure thanks, anyway.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Look, even if every word is true and these sellers are doing this- how would eBay go about proving it?

How would they vet millions if not billions of bids DAILY on this site?

Shilling is a FEDERAL CRIME- do you want the Feds taking time on this? If the seller is out of country then there may not even be a crime, sad as that is... 

This is why it's BUYER BEWARE!

YOU, are the BEST POLICE for eBay! YOU!  If you don't buy from these people, they cannot continue.

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Like I said, judge me and label me anyway you choose - sensitive.  Hard to not be sensitive when everyone with an uninformed opinion attackes a wounded victim.  

My comments were not intended for you, they are intended to warn others before they make my mistakes.  Yesterday I watched another victim get taken for $150.00, only because that buyer trusts a system who will probably fail them.  

Now, I am done here, I have a life to live, and I can rest assured that I have done everything I can to try to protect the innocent buyers who will cross paths with a seller who wins 85% of their own auctions and leaves themselves rave feedback reviews in order to fool others into believing that they are reputable.   Thanks for all you've offered to help.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Well thanks, that's all I am trying to say.

Buyer beware of this seller!  

Kill the messenger...

Geesh!

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@chatmen4 wrote:

A cancelled SALE comes from the seller.  Retracted bids, from buyers, and have restrictions.  And, they do not show in bidding history.  But, sure thanks, anyway.

They aren't saying it's cancelled sale.  They are saying the seller cancelled the bids the bidder did not retract them.   That's why it says cancelled.  If the bidder retracted it would say retracted not cancelled 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@chatmen4 wrote:

They aren't saying it's cancelled sale.  They are saying the seller cancelled the bids the bidder did not retract them.   That's why it says cancelled.  If the bidder retracted it would say retracted not cancelled 

This^^^

It is possible that seller is being hit by "sport bidders"  from the competition..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 15 of 29
latest reply