cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken contracts.

More and more now when I purchase and pay for items they are  never sent. After many attempts to contact sellers, they just ignore my messages and eventually I am refunded.(Last two transactions ended this way) I leave negatives but ALL ARE REMOVED. This is a joke! Their "rating system is rigged to sellers and eBay's benefit. I spend well over 1K monthly to be jerked around by sellers and eBay BOTH! NO MORE,I am leaving the site for good after years and years of watching them only care about their bottom line.Buyers are treated like garbage. No integrity.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Broken contracts.

Instead of those "many attempts to contact sellers", why are you not just immediately opening item not received cases? Have you read eBay's Money Back Guarantee?

Also, right now, every single seller who reads your message is laughing hysterically at your claim that eBay is rigged in favor of sellers.  Again, have you read the MBG? Think about this:  If/when any buyer opens an item not as described case, regardless of whether or not the case is real or bogus, the seller is required by eBay to front the return shipping cost and to refund in total when he gets the item back.  Certainly that could not be your idea of eBay being rigged in a seller's favor.

Well, best of luck wherever you decide to shop.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

@bellemaison802,

The reasons why your feedback has been removed may be when you leave it and what you write in your comments.  If you leave it after you have been refunded, ebay may remove it.  If you call a seller names, (thief, scammer, jerk, etc.) or mention filing a dispute or involving ebay in any way in the comment, those can cause feedback to be removed.  However, just because the comment has been removed, does not mean that the seller did not receive a non performance defect on their account, and possibly they had to pay the final value fees as well, if you filed disputes for items not received.

In looking at your feedback profile and including the 2 feedback you say were removed, it tells me that only 1% of your purchases went wrong.  If you want to leave ebay when a very high percentage of your purchases were good ones, that is on you.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

Excuses,excuses,excuses (and no I do not name call). You can not see all the negatives of mine that have been removed either(MY POINT)...WAY more than 1%~ more like 2-3 a month. Also, an eBay employee on their last day when I called in a complaint told me their rating system is total **bleep**(false security to manipulate buyers). I learned A LOT from that ex-employee that day. Defend eBay all you want...some of us know the truth.Have a good day.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

@bellemaison802,

"Also, an eBay employee on their last day when I called in a complaint told me their rating system is total **bleep**(false security to manipulate buyers). I learned A LOT from that ex-employee that day."

You cannot call ebay's customer service phone number directly, you have to request a call back. If you used a number for ebay's C.S. you found online to call, you were not speaking to anyone from ebay.  If you did get a call back, you were speaking to someone who works for a 3rd party call center, who are not eBay employees and only can deal with issues in the playbook ebay provides the service.

"Excuses,excuses,excuses".

I do not make excuses for ebay and as a matter of fact, I call them fairly often out for some of their policies on these boards.  I was simply telling you why some feedback may be removed, I can't make you take the offered advice however.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

"Excuses,excuses,excuses (and no I do not name call). You can not see all the negatives of mine that have been removed either(MY POINT)...WAY more than 1%~ more like 2-3 a month."

Two or three a month is way above average. Ive been buying here for twenty four years, and have had two bad transactions, in which I filed a case and was refunded. Sounds like you need to vet your sellers a little better. Chances are, if a seller has bad feedback for not shipping items, your item wont be shipped either.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

Your "interest" and effort put forth in this thread speaks volumes! None of what you are "offering" is accurate information in my case! Good day! 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

@bellemaison802 wrote:

Your "interest" and effort put forth in this thread speaks volumes! None of what you are "offering" is accurate information in my case! Good day! 

@bellemaison802,

What we have here is proof that the old saying about leading a horse to water..., is true.  We do not get the tags of being Super Stars or Rock Stars, (which none of us like)  for giving out bad or false information. 
Have a better day.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

Hi @bellemaison802 

I’m very sorry you’ve become dissatisfied with eBay.  I don’t have any way of knowing why your feedback was removed.  Good luck wherever you decide to take your business.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Broken contracts.

You really missed the whole point of "removing negatives to protect sellers" after the sale contract is broken by not sending items..... and as for  "sellers laughing hysterically at me?".....how very mature and assuming! I am NOT the only one to notice this trust me. I guess I hit a nerve of truth and some are triggered. Thank you for reply albeit "off point". 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply