cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought an item that didn’t fit wanted to return but seller escalated the case and now I can’t return

Bought an item that didn’t fit wanted to return but seller escalated the case and now I can’t return It! It says case closed all I did was ask to return, what happened to eBay’s money back guarantee? It doesn’t fit, what the heck is that??

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bought an item that didn’t fit wanted to return but seller escalated the case and now I can’t re

Sellers can only escalate the case IF you didnt return the item on time.

eBays MBG is 30 days from delivery -

AND once a case is started you have to meet the dates.

Doesnt fit is a "remorse" return and if the seller doesnt accept returns the MBG does not apply.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Bought an item that didn’t fit wanted to return but seller escalated the case and now I can’t re

Did the seller's listing say they accept returns? If not, you have no grounds to make a return. The Money Back Guarantee only applies to returns for items that are not as described or defective.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The Money Back Guarantee does NOT cover items that don't fit you.  "That" is considered a "remorse" return subject to the seller's return policy.  For the MBG to apply there must be a discrepancy between the item you receive and the description of it, e.g. a different size label or different actual measurements.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply