cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought an US based item asked to return to China. Help.

My wife bought an item listed in US and wanted to return it (seller stated return accepted in 30 days). Seller repeately offered partial refund and refused her return request. After opening an return case with ebay, seller sent an address in China for return while from the shipping label of the item, it clearly came from somewhere in WA.

I just called ebay, and the rep told us to return it to China for refund as that's the address given in the case.  I told the rep this is clearly a violation of their Itme Location Policy and the rep basically repleated that I'll need to return to the address seller provided no matter what. The rep said we can also ask the seller to give us an US return address, but from the exchange with the seller, I don't see that happening. 

What do we do now? It doesn't really make sense that we'd have to return the item to China when the item is listed as it was in the US. Any suggestions on how we should proceed?

Much appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Bought an US based item asked to return to China. Help.

I am dealing with the same thing, and unfortunately it has happened with 4 recent purchases. Not receiving anything; but charged, receiving two blouses with the wrong size extra small, sold as an extra large shipped from New York, U.S.A., wants shipped back to China., two separate NY orders from 2 NY businesses. Both too small both want shipped back to China. Another wrong sized blouse. An eBook that was not marked as an eBook digital book.! I haven't received satisfaction at all, the loss of business does not bother scamming liars and cheats. False advertising and bad Business practices should not be tolerated. eBay should stand behind their customers that make their business instead of letting con artists take over.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Bought an US based item asked to return to China. Help.

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply