cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blockings

How can a seller block a buyer?  I have a seller that has blocked me but I don't know why unless they were offended by my message asking if they will accept a certain amount.  I don't recall if that could be possible but being I don't get rude with anyone, what else could it be?  How can this be undone because they have an item I really want to purchase?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Blockings

A seller may block anyone at anytime for any reason.  It probably was the message you sent, but only the seller knows for sure.  Not saying you were rude, but many sellers deal with people trying to lowball them all day and they just block when that happens.  Again, not saying it is right, but it happens.

There is no way to undo a seller block.  Move on and find another.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

@jameshen1 wrote:

A seller may block anyone at anytime for any reason.....

Or for no reason at all; when a seller puts an ID on their blocked-bidders list, eBay does not ask for a reason. It could be because a message annoyed the seller; it could be because your ID reminds them of an old girlfriend.  And there's no way around it.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

It's easy for sellers to block a buyer, they just add you to their blocked bidder list.  For any reason they choose or no reason at all.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if they don't want your business.  Yes, they may have been offended by your offer.  

If you still want to do business with the seller you might need a friend or family member to do it for you, if the seller blocked all messages from you.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Hi @irongirl2003   Sellers can block any other member, not just Buyers.  They do not have to give a reason and are allowed 5000 on their blocked list. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

@irongirl2003 wrote:

... I have a seller that has blocked me...   How can this be undone because they have an item I really want to purchase?

It cannot be undone.  For whatever reason or whim, that seller does not want to do business with you. 

So, forget that seller.  You will find what you want from another seller, sooner or later.  You can even set up an advanced search, save the search, and be notified when another one of the items is listed.

-

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Thanks Mr. L.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Thank you.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Thank you Scout.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Thanks Superstar.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Thanks Guide.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

@irongirl2003 wrote:

Thanks Mr. L.

@irongirl2003   You are more than welcome ... sorry it happened.

Regards,
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

Pretty sure that suggestion about getting a friend or family member to "do it for you" is considered an attempt to avoid a block and is not allowed here.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Blockings

@soh.maryl wrote:

Pretty sure that suggestion about getting a friend or family member to "do it for you" is considered an attempt to avoid a block and is not allowed here.  

@soh.maryl   I suspect the policy would apply mainly to the individual who was blocked and possibly to associated accounts ... it would be fair game for any other accounts.  

Regards,
Message 14 of 14
latest reply