cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked by Seller

In the last two and a half months I had bought two items from a particular seller. In both cases I gave them a positive five star feedback and they did the same for me. But now I find that they have blocked me and I have no idea why. I can't even send them a message asking for an explanation.  In over 22 years of being on eBay this has never happened to me. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Blocked by Seller

This is not to sound rude, but do you have any purchases that you forgot to pay for ?

If you have 2 unpaid items strikes within a 12 month period some sellers have their accounts set to

block those buyers, and also depending on how they have set up they can also block contact with said buyers.

Only thing I can think of......

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You have four bid retractions in the past 12 months.   A history of bid retractions really annoys some sellers and will cause them to block you.  Just a possibility.

=

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Here is the skinny of it.  A seller can block you at any time for anything.  They don't need a reason.  They just put you on a block list and that's it.

Usually it's a behavior that sets them off, right or wrong.  Some have great reasons (Non paying or harassing buyer) and some have not so great reasons ( "I don't sell to democrats").  

I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Cheers

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@akwc92 wrote:

.  I gave them a positive five star feedback and they did the same for me. But now I find that they have blocked me 

Move on & let go, accept what you don't have the ability to change, & journey into

happier future.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Frankly, your bid retraction record puts you on my BBL since it is my personal policy to block anyone with more than one retraction showing on their record.  Perhaps the seller feels the same way about retractions as I do.  Were any of the retractions made on items being sold by that particular seller?  If so, that may be what spoiled your relationship with him.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@akwc92,

If your seller lists items using the auction format, did you retract a bid on one of their auctions?  If you did, that could be the reason you are blocked.  A bid retraction can spoil an auction, and cause other bidders to retract bids because they think a shill is being used. 

What ever the reason was that caused the seller to block you, chances are they also have set up a communication preference that automatically blocks messages from buyers on their Blocked Buyer List (BBL). If you have a friend or family member who has a separate ebay account, you could try contacting the seller using their account, and ask why after buying from them in the recent past without problems, your username has been blocked?  Ask if they will remove your username from their list.  If you've had two unpaid items in the last 12 months you can ask them to add you to the exemption list of buyers automatically blocked by their Buyer Requirement. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply