Block A Seller From Messaging

What is he messaging you about?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@leska6271.dvzoxfphu wrote:

How Do I Block A Seller Out?

Ignore and delete, or if the messages are threatening or abusive you can report it to eBay

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Just ignore any messages you don't want. You are not forced to read them. Delete them without reading them if they are upsetting you....

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

ignoring the texts is the only option

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@leska6271.dvzoxfphu wrote:

How Do I Block A Seller Out?

Blocked Bidder List.

Or just ignore and delete messages , they will soon tire and go away.

Just courious? Why do you need to block a seller? 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Add them to your your bidder block list, that will stop them from messaging you.

Below is the direct link to manage your Blocked buyer list, make sure the "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me" option is turned on.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Such **bleep** how ebutt likes to control everything...

Still get a kick out of the biggest scam on this website ..GLOBAL SHIPPING SCAM A RAMA ..

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I have been receiving harassing messages from a seller when I reported her for non received item. 7-8 messages nasty ones per day every day and here’s what eBay told me to do. Aside from reporting the seller to ebay as well if seller violates eBay policy, you can do the following. You need to block the seller (same as for buyers)

So there is no a specific way to block the messages from a seller, but we can use the block buyer list, I know that the seller is not a buyer but it works the same, so  if you have already blocked the seller, so now need to select the "Don't allow blocked buyer to contact me" switch.

Here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

You just need to click on the switch, and with that would be enough

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@cxh2889 wrote:

I have been receiving harassing messages from a seller when I reported her for non received item. 7-8 messages nasty ones per day every day and here’s what eBay told me to do. Aside from reporting the seller to ebay as well if seller violates eBay policy, you can do the following. You need to block the seller (same as for buyers)

So there is no a specific way to block the messages from a seller, but we can use the block buyer list, I know that the seller is not a buyer but it works the same, so  if you have already blocked the seller, so now need to select the "Don't allow blocked buyer to contact me" switch.

Here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

You just need to click on the switch, and with that would be enough

If there has been recent communication or a recent transaction though they'll still be able to message through that so the blocking messages this way won't work with a seller you recently had a transaction with. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Hi @leska6271.dvzoxfphu  

You can block sellers from sending offers and notifications by going here:

My eBay > Account > Communication Preferences 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@leska6271.dvzoxfphu 

You just sent me a PM about ‘Hateful Messages’, which I answered.

You must have me confused with someone else, as I didn’t accuse you of sending nasty messages to me.  🤔

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@cxh2889 

That's a start, but as there is a flaw in the eBay system for blocking contact it will not prevent contact by a determined user.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I need to block a seller too, for the first time ever.
This seller is accusing me of removing parts from something he sold me, and sending it back to him.
When what actually happened was, he sold me an item that he assured me worked 100% and that the cable I needed inside it was intact.. It got here and was 100% unusable and the cable inside was broken. I have photos and even an unboxing video where you can clearly see the parts he say I took out are missing, which are simply screws inside that have been stripped out from his "son dropping" the item.... even though the item has a cast aluminum frame and simply "dropping" it wouldn't cause this damage, as well as a totally crushed contact. he said it worked and powered up.. there is no way this is the truth. I messaged him for a refund and he said "I listed it as is, try to get your money back if you want." so i did, and ebay stepped in, and he said "just send the item," i replied, apologizing for the issues and was very nice, and it seemed to be a full understanding... 
A week later he sends me a message accusing me of removing parts from the controller, and calls me a thief, and says he will get ebay to shut me down or whatever, 
He shows me photos that someone else he lied to and sold the controller took, pointing at a missing screw and I think a spring area... saying that I stole from him... and he KEPT harassing me over this...
So I wrote feedback outlining what he did.... and he threatened my account to be deleted, and he sent me, " HOE DARE YOU LEAVE ME FEEDBACK LIKE THAT WHEN U GOT REFUNDED. YOU THEIF. IM GWTTING IT REMOVED AND YOU ARE REPORTED. HOW DARE YOU PLUS U GOT YOUR MONEY BACK. YOU STOLE PARTS IM GETTING U BANNED "
And continues to be a thorn in my side over this item that he clearly sent me, more broken than he described and because I took a video of myself unboxing said item...... he knows he's stuck.
BUT I want to block him so I don't have to hear his childish outbursts anymore.
ALSO, Ebay has removed my feedback from his profile......... 
What's the point of telling the truth and being nagged by ebay to leave feedback, if some disgruntled seller/scammer can just cry to them and have it deleted?
I have been a 100% good seller/buyer on this site for over 20 years.
This guy comes out of nowhere and has already had negative reviews, and his GOOD reviews are like, "Item arrived broken, sent it back, good communication, successful return" kind of posts... so that "positive feedback" isn't exactly "positive." I don't get what is going on here at ebay but if people can defraud people like this and just... get away with it... that's bad.
I looked at his other items, 3D printed items... and they're all Creative Commons items he got from thingiverse, you can't sell those for profit... that is fraud.
But yet, he gets away with it. Why?
I need/want to block him from contacting me. And eBay isn't doing anything to help.
I clicked block in the messages and NOTHING happens, on any browser I use....
So I am at a loss on how to deal with it.
I would love to warn others of his actions via feedback... that's... what it's for... but he just, had it removed and I can't re add it. Is this how eBay is run?
How do I block this guy?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply