cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST OFFER WITH PAYMENT INFO ? WHAT NON SENSE IS THIS?

My Best offers have Dried Up, only thing I can figure is eBay's New policy of asking a buyer for payment info before a Deal has been Struck, and really I don't blame buyers, I won't make offers either because of it, so I guess we're all in a Stand-off, I did take action, I removed Best Offer from my listings, and I started Watching stuff, with the hope that the Sellers would send offers, I send offers with the option to counter offer for the buyers, appears to be the only way around eBay's Stupidity.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: BEST OFFER WITH PAYMENT INFO ? WHAT NON SENSE IS THIS?

If you're experiencing slow sale have you Unchecked, the 2 boxes Requiring payment for Best offer and Auctions?

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

But I always pay in a timely fashion, as well as most other buyers do, it's always the bad apples that bring Misery to those that try to do Right.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

No, I would just rather have 9 slow sales than just 1 instant pay per week.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

100% agree.  You can always remove all other payment options in your wallet and only use one method. That's the only way to ensure that payment will be used consistently, and it's only because they'll have no other option (payment method) to use! 

I don't blame you. Payment can be whatever method they choose including your bank account, so read that fine print. It's a horrible policy because they can just decline the sale, but they will use any means to get that payment pushed no matter the method on file and sometimes for no apparent reason. 

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Right, had a seller not like final price, email saying they didn't have item in stock and had to cancel. They initiated a cancel saying BUYER wanted to (to avoid a mark). Blatant LIE. Buyers that don't pay or scam belong with sellers who do this and scam. It's on BOTH sides unfortunately. All the dishonest sellers and buyers have made things bad for all of us. 

Nothing is more frustrating spending time finding an item, buying it and paying immediately, and then getting a notification from ebay (sometimes sellers don't even have the courtesy of informing you first) saying your item is canceled. It works both ways. 

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Just a thought but ebay is encouraging more sales by requiring payment for offers. It's kind of like only serious inquiries. Serious buyers won't mind this. The annoying part is having to wait for responses back on it, though. 

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

I'm a serious buyer and I do mind, also eBay appears to allow your choice of payment but as you click to the end before an offer is sent it always winds up on "Payment from your Checking account".

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

@maccnc11 wrote:

I'm a serious buyer and I do mind, also eBay appears to allow your choice of payment but as you click to the end before an offer is sent it always winds up on "Payment from your Checking account".

This hasn't gotten to me yet, but the first transaction that results in eBay auto debiting my bank account will be my last transaction on eBay.  That's a promise.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Have not had to do it, but my understanding is that eBay allows the buyer to make a choice with each, and every offer. The process may not be totally intuitive😶

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

Do you not believe that this is eBay's attempt to cut down on non-paying bidders? 

@soh.maryl 

After thinking this over for quite a while now, I tend to think that this non-paying bidder problem is just an excuse that eBay is using to cut down on combined orders (for one shipping price) in general.  eBay makes more money this way.  Instead of being an industry LEADER, the thinking is directed to the old "industry standard" mantra with this issue.   For some reason eBay will not just dispense with the non-payers when indeed they have the technology now to prevent them from "just getting another ID".

Did eBay get rid of the sellers who were over charging on shipping to avoid fees years ago? Some of those sellers were reported for years.  No, eBay  made everyone pay fees on shipping, too.   eBay got a raise, and was assured of another one each time carriers raised their rates.  

A couple of weeks ago, I was reading some complaints by both buyers and sellers about the ability to combine shipping for small tools in the eBay motors category.  (I don't know if that has every been changed at this point. )  So I started thinking about all the ways eBay is discouraging combined shipping now in general i.e. still no "request total" button for mobile users, lots of reasons why the "request total button" doesn't work for computer users, no combined shipping for EIS, and now this new program that eliminates combined shipping for multiple accepted offers or auction wins from the same seller.  As an eBay "dinosaur" member since 1998,  I have learned  that for just about any new eBay program or policy change the reason can be found by "following the money".  

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Your post made me think of something that should be very concerning to those who like to do auctions, as most long time users of eBay know that in the last couple of minutes in an auction is usually when the real bids occur, some who might want to bid on an item at the closing seconds of the auction might not have time, to jump thru all the eBay whoops and make a bid, if the buyer payment requirement "Auctions"  box is checked. 

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

That is true. There has been some posts where buyers have run into that issue. It would indeed happen to me if and when I am inducted into the "preauthorize" for bidding, as my bidding is done manually in the last 10 seconds. I may be in the "preauthorize test", and not even know it😁  Last time I bid on anything was  ??? 

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

I like how eBay was all for the sellers, when there was talk of the Internet Tax, well when it finally got here, "What did they do?" They took advantage of the situation, They Tax the Item and "Shipping", When I take a package to the Post office I have never been Taxed, and then to add insult to injury, they then FEE the entire Total.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

@pinkbarbie50 wrote:

Just a thought but ebay is encouraging more sales by requiring payment for offers. 

Re: Auto pay - offers & auction

If it did encourage sales, don't you think ebay would advertise having Autopay, on radio, in print ads, etc, in an effort to draw visitors, & new shoppers to visit ebay ?

Would a system & policies that encourage multiple item purchases be an effective way for ebay to encourage sales ?

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

I feel it actually discourages offers, if you like to make many offers when your trying to buy something, I might be looking for 1 item and low ball several items, with no intention of buying multiple items, at a low ball price fine I would buy them all, but it's unlikely, so if you have auto-pay you loose control over your buying, therefore people stop making offers, because they may see something down the way they want instead, so they have to wait for the previous offer to expire, you see where this is going it gives eBay more control over your money than you have, and that's just not right. 

Message 30 of 42
latest reply