cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity guarantee is a scam

This program is terrible.  eBay makes it look like the authenticity guarantee is there to help you, but really what it does is make it impossible to contact the seller or return an item even if there are legitimate concerns.  Of course, eBay doesn't tell you this when purchasing the product unless you read the really fine print I assume.  Just don't purchase sneakers through eBay anymore.  Anyone who does just risks getting scammed.  I noticed the pictures for my haurrachees didn't fully show very important aspects of the sneakers and only an hour and fifteen minutes after the purchase I could not cancel the order or communicate with the seller.  Total scam.  They just took my money and processed the transaction.  Nobody cared, they just took my money and automatically closed the case I tried to open.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Authenticity guarantee is a scam

DO NOT USE!

I've just received my first trainers that were 'authenticated by eBay'. I was careful and the price seemed right, I messaged the seller and it seemed legit.

Upon arrival, it took under 10 seconds to realise they were fake/flawed. They have holes punched in the sole through the writing. Said writing is a key aspect of the particular design I bought. They're definitely not in the authentic version and have clearly been added by someone to prevent resale. All I know is they wouldn't have passed any genuine authenticity test. What a useless service - surely it creates more work for them as anyone with eyes will realise and send them back?

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Being rip off is very common these days on Ebay. would no longer buy expensive item's from sellers I never purchased from in the past....maybe $20.00 at most willing to risk.Feel saver with sellers purchased from in the past and had good transactions.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Chrischrebet,

Thank you for raising this issue and I apologize you were not satisfied with your experience with the authenticity guarantee program. Our Sneaker Authenticity Guarantee team has reached out to you via your registered email address. Please respond to them for follow-up on your specific case.

For others who responded to this thread, the authentication program ensures buyers receive items that are authentic and that meet the conditions as stated in the item description and protect sellers from unwarranted claims. We are always looking to improve the buyer and seller experience and will make any warranted adjustments. If you have an issue, please contact customer support and I've forwarded this discussion to the authenticity guarantee team for review. 

Thank you for buying and selling on eBay.

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 33 of 33
latest reply