cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a buyer, is there a way to opt out of a promotional shipping offer?

I'm actually a seller, and I'm trying to set up new shiping prices and promotions. I basically offer 3 types of shipping, and also offer combined shipping:

Economy: $2.85 First item, $1.00 each additional

Standard: $3.20 First item, $1.00 each additional

Expedited: $6.90 First item, $1.00 each additional

I also set up a promotional Flat rate, for $2.85 Flat rate Economy shipping. This promotion basically takes away the $1.00 each additional for economy.

I went to test this setup as a buyer and logged out and added 2 items to my cart. It correctly applied the the $2.85 flat rate promotion, HOWEVER, there was no way to opt out of this promotion. Since the promotion is economy (slower) shipping, there doesn't seem to be a way to opt out of the promotion and choose standard or expedited.

The dropdown exists in the shopping cart page to change the shipping method, but whatever I choose it still defaults to the promotional economy.

Is there a better way to set this up so buyers can opt for the promotion or not?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How did you tell it to use economy shipping as the promotional shipping method? I don't see any option to define the shipping method for promotional shipping.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I understand now. You are using the shipping discount feature in store promotions NOT promotional shipping rules in account settings.

I have been researching these things as well. You need to be a rocket scientists to figure it out.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply