cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there more issues without "pay after delivery"?

Has anyone else experienced an uptick in slow shipping or wrong items sent since the "pay after delivery" option ended? I do a lot of shopping on eBay with 1700 feedbacks (not counting the fact that seller often leave one feedback for multiple items) in the last few years. In all of that time rarely did I encounter problems. The occasional CD or DVD not working, a few times the wrong item was since or didn't come but lately it's been back to back problems etc.

I know Paypal paid the seller immediately and later took the money from the buyer, but I can't help but wonder if more care was taken since Paypal would notice if they were careless or late too often. They'd be the one to deal them.

I feel sellers must be treated with respect, it's tough for them as buyers can complain for no real reason. But some are now taking advantage. I know people who stopped selling on eBay because buyers were unfair. I try not to complain and have not reported a few wrong items or something that was less than it shoud have been.

Yet in the past few weeks I've had vitamins come with the lid falling off with the seal intact, but the bottle had far less than capsules than it was to supposed to have. They said the "big machines make mistakes", sent an unasked for replacement bottle and it too has the wrong number.  Wrong colors sent and one who claimed (after I paid for the item)  they needed 2 to 3 weeks to mail it to avoid paying high fees for eBay's label.

Another seller who said they're in the US but after too long many I asked eBay to step in for an answer and it seems the tracking number they gave eBay was bogus. I know that happens with some overseas items because they give a tracking number but it never works. This is all happening in the same time period.

Rather deal with the buyer than Paypal?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is absolutely no corralation between your issues and the end of PAD. There is no connection. 

When a buyer used PAD, the seller didn’t know. They never know how you fund your payment, it’s all the same to them-a PayPal payment. It doesn’t matter HOW you pay, the seller always has eBay and PayPal to deal with if the buyer has a problem and files a dispute with one or the other. So.....the existence of PAD didn’t result in sellers being more careful and the elimination of it hasn’t resulted in more careless. PAD had absolutely no incentive for the seller. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sorry but I see no correllation between the issues you are experiencing and the lack of pay on delivery.

You are experiencing not as described situatioons; you need to contact the seller and if no satisfaction, open a not as described case.  Go to the Resolution Center at the bottom of any page.

Buying from overseas can be problematic.  As for the vitamins, ask for refund, never ask for a replacement of anything as there is a good chance, as you found out the hard way, that you will still have problems.

Knowing that overseas transactions may be problematic, you may want to change your buying behavior.  You can open cases for your protection, but if you open too many, you will lose your Buyer Protection and possibly your buying privileges.  Ebay expects you to do your due diligence and make wise buying decisions.  Hopefully you vet the listing and the seller before you buy.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply