cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems paying for an item ?

Anyone else having problems today buying with a cc ? Payment info keeps timing out. Haven't bought anything from this particular stateside seller before. Item is a buy it now and doesn't show up in cart.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone else having problems paying for an item ?

Yes, in the past week I have had trouble with checkout on all my purchases. I had to contact ebay customer service each time for them to tweak something and then it worked fine. I last spoke to customer service on friday and was told there is a bug in the system and it's been escalated to their IT technicians who are working on it, and it could take another week before it's fixed.

To contact customer service use the "help & contact" link and you can either have them call you or chat. To chat with agent, open the automated chat and choose the option at the bottom "contact an agent", then you will be connected to a live agent. I use the chat mainly because when you contact them directly through your account you don't have to go through any account verification first.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, in the past week I have had trouble with checkout on all my purchases. I had to contact ebay customer service each time for them to tweak something and then it worked fine. I last spoke to customer service on friday and was told there is a bug in the system and it's been escalated to their IT technicians who are working on it, and it could take another week before it's fixed.

To contact customer service use the "help & contact" link and you can either have them call you or chat. To chat with agent, open the automated chat and choose the option at the bottom "contact an agent", then you will be connected to a live agent. I use the chat mainly because when you contact them directly through your account you don't have to go through any account verification first.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The assistant wanted me to upload a different browser. I don't know what they changed this weekend, but you can click to buy or put it in your cart with an older browser, you just can't pay for it anymore. Fortunately we just bought a new computer and I was able to pay for the item using that. Why do they have to continually make stuff more complicated ? Not everyone can afford to go out and buy a new computer, especially old folks like me.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply