cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Out Of My Money?

I bought a pair of jeans. They were advertised as been in NJ, US seller etc... They were shipped on the 18th. Last night I noticed they were being processed in California. They were delivered this morning to an address in Stockton, California. I live in Texas, have a Texas address on the receipt, never lived in California and have no ties there.  Now I notice that the seller is in Hong Kong. I have contacted them . Now, because the package shows as delivered does it mean I could be out of my money and item? Never filled a claim before, that is a first one(: 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Am I Out Of My Money?

@tcowan187 wrote:

Thank you for your response. I still haven't heard from the seller. I have no idea who is in charge, the people in Hong Kong or the ones in NJ. According to eBay's automatic message I have to wait for 3 business days before to ask for their help.  

The location you see on the feedback page for your seller isn't the important location information.  

The location on the listing is suppose to be accurate as to where the item is shipping from.  So since your item shipped from some other state, your seller has violated that policy.  You can report the seller for that.

There are many sellers with international accounts that sell things being shipped from somewhere in the USA. Sometimes they are drop shippers, other times they may be someone here on a visa of one form or another and are here for an extended period of time.  And I'm sure there are other reasons, but you get the idea.

But back to your specific issue on your item.  What you have read on the Claims page is typically correct.  You would need to wait 3 days before asking Ebay to step in.  However in a situation where the tracking is showing delivered [even though to a wrong address], I would not trust that when you escalate to ebay that a real human would be reviewing the claim.  And if a human didn't review the claim and pay close attention to the details, they my miss that it was not delivered to your zip code.  

IMHO you would be better served and certainly a whole lot safer to call Ebay and explain the issue.  Get a real human looking at the details and assisting you.  If you decide to do this, I hope you will come back and inform us on what transpires.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@tcowan187 wrote:

I bought a pair of jeans. They were advertised as been in NJ, US seller etc... They were shipped on the 18th. Last night I noticed they were being processed in California. They were delivered this morning to an address in Stockton, California. I live in Texas, have a Texas address on the receipt, never lived in California and have no ties there.  Now I notice that the seller is in Hong Kong. I have contacted them . Now, because the package shows as delivered does it mean I could be out of my money and item? Never filled a claim before, that is a first one(: 

I would open an INR and then immediately call eBay customer service as many times as necessary to get this closed in your favor.  Delivery only counts when it's to your own zipcode.

@Anonymous  what's the proper procedure here?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I still haven't heard from the seller. I have no idea who is in charge, the people in Hong Kong or the ones in NJ. According to eBay's automatic message I have to wait for 3 business days before to ask for their help.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Why not start with the seller and tell them they sent YOUR item to someone ELSE's house and to reship or refund immediately?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@tcowan187 wrote:

The location you see on the feedback page for your seller isn't the important location information.  

The location on the listing is suppose to be accurate as to where the item is shipping from.  So since your item shipped from some other state, your seller has violated that policy.  You can report the seller for that.

There are many sellers with international accounts that sell things being shipped from somewhere in the USA. Sometimes they are drop shippers, other times they may be someone here on a visa of one form or another and are here for an extended period of time.  And I'm sure there are other reasons, but you get the idea.

But back to your specific issue on your item.  What you have read on the Claims page is typically correct.  You would need to wait 3 days before asking Ebay to step in.  However in a situation where the tracking is showing delivered [even though to a wrong address], I would not trust that when you escalate to ebay that a real human would be reviewing the claim.  And if a human didn't review the claim and pay close attention to the details, they my miss that it was not delivered to your zip code.  

IMHO you would be better served and certainly a whole lot safer to call Ebay and explain the issue.  Get a real human looking at the details and assisting you.  If you decide to do this, I hope you will come back and inform us on what transpires.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have contacted the seller , explained the issue in my message. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank You Mam. I understand that the delivered status could be against me if no human takes a look at the situation. I take it as a lesson learned, the seller has a low feedback count and few complaints about refunds and tracking canceled. I also realize it could be a human error which is why I explained to the seller first. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

@tcowan187 wrote:

I would open an INR and then immediately call eBay customer service as many times as necessary to get this closed in your favor.  Delivery only counts when it's to your own zipcode.

@Anonymous  what's the proper procedure here?

Hi @dtexley3, if there is no delivery confirmation to the address the buyer provided then a refund would be guaranteed for the buyer. They just need to open an item not received request as you have recommended. Typically when tracking has been provided that shows delivery, the item not received option won't be available from the purchase history but it would be available in the Resolution Center as long as the latest estimated delivery date has passed. In general, the buyer should contact Customer Service to have a claim opened. The seller will be given the standard 3 business days to provide a resolution before we take action. I wouldn't recommend a buyer keep calling until the case is resolved, as we won't be able to step in until after the seller has been given time to make it right. Once this time has passed, we can be asked to step in directly from the item not received request.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

update: we were refunded. We called EBay, at first it was: your item was delivered! then the cs took a look at where it was delivered... The seller apologized, they were not surprised, it is looking like their employee didn't have the right energy drink that day, my order was in fact never processed, No hard feelings on my end, it was only for a pair of jeans, bought a pair locally instead. Problem solved 🙂

Message 9 of 9
latest reply