cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active seller has not responded to multiple requests for a total for me to pay them

I have an item that I am supposed to pay for tomorrow per ebay's reminders.  I won two other items from the same seller the day after the first one so payment is due thursday for those.  according to the information in all three listings these items qualify for combined shipping.  i have sent 5 requests now via various channels.  I requested a total from my shopping cart.  i sent a message from each item.  i did "contact the seller" on one of them.  NO RESPONSE.  I have no desire to pay $18 for shipping when it should be $6, $8 tops.  These are not expensive items and they weigh almost nothing.  I never would have committed to buy the two other items if I had known I would run into this roadblock.  

I am at a loss for what to do to  get the seller to follow through on their own stated procedures and send me an invoice.  I have never had something like this happen.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Active seller has not responded to multiple requests for a total for me to pay them

The seller has just now followed through and provided an invoice for combined shipping with a polite apology for the delay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Active seller has not responded to multiple requests for a total for me to pay them

Sellers do not have to combine.  Did you ask about combined shipping before buying?

Sellers do not have to respond to messages.

There is no way to make them.

I see you have 2 choices. Pay for the 1 before tomorrow or get an UPI strike.

You can just not pay and get strikes for all 3 items.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The sellers listings, including the ones I purchased,  have very specific information and instructions for combined shipping.  I have followed their rules to the letter.   I am not asking for anything that they did not themselves advertise they would provide in their listings.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Perhaps seller has other more personal issues at the moment that prevent them to attend to eBay. Hard to believe, but people do have a life out of eBay. At this point, you are stuck with the upcoming purchases or take a strike. Maybe seller will make it up to you on the other items. Remember, just because you paid, does not mean that the seller will immediately package and ship the item. If, after all, seller does not come through with his combined shipping, & you have to pay the $18 or so, you always have the option to use eBays Money Back Guarantee. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This seller is a large well known international retailer, not a one person operation.  They are active, adding new listings daily.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

many a buyer has grown weary while waiting for a reply about combined shipping

I woud pay for them and then notify the seller abut the deal you thought you had for combined shipping

you coud also let them know you have left negatives for other sellers when  you were unhappy

mentioning negative feedback is fine  as long as you are not asking for something in return 

there has to be a quid pro quo fo that to happen.

I have had buyers tell me."i am going to leave you bad feedback"    "I woud like a reund"

the above sentence is perfectly fine

maybe the buyer is ignoring you...........maybe they are a toad.

its best not to jump to conclusions with ebay

no one wants a neg and buyers do not like to be taken advantage of.thats why you have neutrals

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@kims_finishing_touches,

You wrote in your original post;

"... according to the information in all three listings these items qualify for combined shipping... I have no desire to pay $18 for shipping when it should be $6, $8 tops. These are not expensive items and they weigh almost nothing.

and added last night;

"The sellers listings, including the ones I purchased, have very specific information and instructions for combined shipping. I have followed their rules to the letter. I am not asking for anything that they did not themselves advertise they would provide in their listings".

If the seller's instructions were automatic combined rates,

Ex: Buy one item pay $6.  Each additional add $.50

If you bought three similar items all at the same price and with the same applied rate.  You end up paying the initial shipping cost of $5 for each item.  The automatic price add on is for multiples of the same item, no matter the cost of similar ones even if they are the same price with the same extensions.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@kims_finishing_touches,

You wrote in your original post;

"... according to the information in all three listings these items qualify for combined shipping... I have no desire to pay $18 for shipping when it should be $6, $8 tops. These are not expensive items and they weigh almost nothing.

and added last night;

"The sellers listings, including the ones I purchased, have very specific information and instructions for combined shipping. I have followed their rules to the letter. I am not asking for anything that they did not themselves advertise they would provide in their listings".

If the seller's instructions were automatic combined rates,

Ex: Buy one item pay $6.  Each additional add $.50

If you bought three similar items all at the same price and with the same applied rate.  You end up paying the initial shipping cost of $5 for each item.  The automatic price add on is for multiples of the same item, no matter the cost of similar ones even if they are the same price with the same extensions.

^^^^ this.  

There is too separate combined shipping policies that can show up in a sellers listings.  One is items from the same listing this will show inside the shipping box and say each additional item costs x amount.   

Combined shipping that is for between separate listings will show in green above the shipping box and mention something to the effect of x amount discount for eligible listings.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

That is not the case in this instance but thank you for offering a possible explanation.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

That is not the case in this instance but thank you for offering a possible explanation.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The seller has just now followed through and provided an invoice for combined shipping with a polite apology for the delay.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply