cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI generated description?

Is there a trend that seller are now using AI generated description in their listing?  I have met few that all comes in a very similar wordings like "  (object) is a valuable addition to any camera collection... Add this vintage accessory to your collection and take your photography to the next level. ".  Not to mention the content is wrong, there is no such camera model existed as I know . 

I think the very only true description from seller is "UNTESTED"

Should I avoid these listings ? Have ebay staff adware of this kind of AI listing? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: AI generated description?

Yes. And ai descriptions are full of fluff and totally devoid of facts.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

AI is for lazy sellers who don't seem to know what they are selling and don't do their research to find information.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As Friday said  " just the facts" .

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

An eBay podcast I heard said that he adds his own description at the top but uses the AI description underneath. He thinks that eBay is likely to put your listings further up on search if you use the AI description because it's a feature that they want to push. 

When I buy lots of Pokemon cards, I don't really care if they use the AI description or not. I'm basing my purchase off the pictures and the price mostly. If I were to be silly and avoid all the sellers using AI descriptions, I would be missing out on a lot of good deals.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply