cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAA batteries didn’t come here

I’ve been trying but you cut me off my AAA didn’t come here and they say that they were delivered I’m disabled and use a walker so I can’t get out and check the neighborhood VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED I NEED HELP WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME ALLEN 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Are you gonna HELP ME 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@allejenkin9 

This isn't eBay customer service. It's a member-to-member forum.

If tracking shows the package delivered you need to contact USPS (or whatever other carrier was used) and ask them to check their GPS data to determine where the package was delivered. If it wasn't delivered to your address ask them if it was addressed to you and just misdelivered. If so, they should help you retrieve it.

If it was addressed to an address other than yours you may be a victim of a fake tracking scam. If that's the case come back to this thread for instructions on how to proceed. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay will believe the carrier rather than the buyer (or seller). If the online tracking report for the tracking number shows delivery to the same zipcode (5 digit) as what the buyer gave for the shipping address, it will presume it is to that shipping address. That presumption is rebuttable by documentation from the carrier that it was not delivered to that address (the document does not have to give the actual address but merely state it was delivered elsewhere than [your shipping address] since there might be privacy issues). This covers errors by the carrier in mis-delivery (the carrier can tell this by matching the GPS coordinates of the delivery scan with the facts on the ground) and a scamming seller who sends a low value package to another address in your zipcode. See here about appealing the decision if the carrier can document such a problem: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

The burden of proof is on you to prove that the item was NOT delivered to your address.  You need to contact the carrier for that.  eBay will not do it on your behalf.  Try the phone first and see if they can email you the document.

On the other hand, neither eBay nor the seller is responsible for the theft or other disappearance of the package from your porch, doorstep, or other place at your address. You can try your homeowners or renters insurance agent to see if that would be covered at what deductible.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi @allejenkin9 

We are fellow members who volunteer helping others.  We're not eBay.  You were told what to do when you first posted about this 5 days ago ... but you apparently didn't see the reply.   ☹️

If the AAA and AA batteries were supposedly delivered in ONE package ... then this is what you need to do:

• Go to your Purchase History and file a 'return request' ... choosing 'Missing parts or pieces' as the reason for the request.  Mention that you only received one set of batteries.  

• If the seller doesn't send you a refund for the missing batteries OR send you a prepaid shipping label to return whatever you did receive ... then go back to your open request and ask eBay to step in.  [You will have to wait 4 business days before you'll see the link to ask eBay to step in.]

You may have to return the batteries you DID receive in order to get a full refund ... IF that is what the seller asks you to do.  [You can then buy both sets of batteries again once you get your refund.]  Hopefully, the seller will just deal with the ones that are missing.

I'm very sorry this happened ... and hope this will be resolved soon.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply