cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about ebay return policies

I was just sitting here thinking last night. If I buy something from someone and they don't ship it within ebay's estimated return window and I open an "item not received" case about it I believe that should give the seller a few days after the case is opened to rectify it and actually ship the item. But if I do that and the seller actually sends the item after the "item not received" is opened then would I also be able to open a new second case later (after it arrives) if it doesn't work or is defective? I guess I'm asking how that would work. If I opened a "item not received" case and it gets resolved then am I screwed if it doesn't work when it arrives and can't do anything?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: A question about ebay return policies

You can contact eBay before the case even closes and have them change you over to a not as described case.  Had to do this recently.  Had a package that didn't move from Tennessee for like three weeks.  I'm like ok it's lost. Filed a case and two days later it suddenly moves ugh.  Of course then when I got it it was missing things.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If I opened a "item not received" case and it gets resolved then am I screwed if it doesn't work when it arrives and can't do anything?

Yes, you can open INAD after item has arrived but remember if you do receive a refund for INR and the item arrives, and you are happy with it, you must repay the seller.

I always wait as long as the MBG allows me to in case shipping is slow.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

As you say problematic this is.

Remember if you can use credit card with PayPal to pay with,  such allows you to  have those extra layers of protection.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. A seller sent me a counter offer and I paid for it in full. I'm just wondering about how things work with policies is all. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You can contact eBay before the case even closes and have them change you over to a not as described case.  Had to do this recently.  Had a package that didn't move from Tennessee for like three weeks.  I'm like ok it's lost. Filed a case and two days later it suddenly moves ugh.  Of course then when I got it it was missing things.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@kithylin wrote:

I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. A seller sent me a counter offer 

I always feel when a seller has to send me a counter offer -- that I took advantage of the seller in the first place.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@kithylin wrote:

I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. A seller sent me a counter offer and I paid for it in full. I'm just wondering about how things work with policies is all. 

No where in my reply did I accuse you of anything - I answered your question

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

To avoid the INR, ask the seller to ship the item promptly. If their handling time is too long, ask if they can ship it sooner if you need the item sooner. You can also ask them to allow you to pay more for expedited shipping if they do not have it avail on their listing. This will insure a quicker delivery.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The answer posted by myangelandmyprincess answered my question. This thread is now closed. Thank you everyone.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for letting us know......

Message 10 of 10
latest reply