cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 years later , & i don`t think so.

Years ago , i bought & sold on this venue. After reading several posts here , I just don`t feel safe here , buying or selling . I thought of selling again , though seems like a big ole mess , worse than before. You know , the good ole days . Back when a sale felt like a handshake , rather than a slap in the face . If I had listen to my instincts rather than trying to save money , I think I fell victim to my first scam ever. Lucky me ! I am receiving a package tomorrow , which weighs 1.80 LB . for a tool which weighs 3.48 lbs. UPS  And , it gets better , The guy is no longer a registered user , as of this morning . All adds down. So , I don`t know if I should even open the box , if one gets here . I am going to gear up , rubber gloves , face protection , put in the back of the pickup , turn the video camera on , & lets see what we did not get ???

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: 20 years later , & i don`t think so.

@rcfreaknut 

Save the batteries in the video camera. 

As a buyer you are in the "cat bird seat". 

If the an item arrives, you open it.  If it is not what you ordered you go to the eBay "resolution center", and open a return request choosing that the item is "not as described", and follow the process.

The eBay MBG has you covered even when eBay removes the seller items.

Item may not even come to your address, but just to an address in your area, but that's another can of worms to deal with, but can be resolved.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I get up this morning , I magically have a fed ex Number saying delivered , & i am due a package out for delivery from UPS  , which i tracked for 4 days.. **bleep**

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Someone is hacking ebay , UPS , & Fad EX .

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

989215013751 fed ex / 1Z0V83790328823702 ups , And I just received another ship order from UPS . WOW , what is goin on here ? I think I will contact Visa fraud , as well as the feds.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OK , opened a conflict , gave them both tracking numbers , talked to a rep. , both tracking were showing on UPS & Fed Ex , & both were bogus . Refund granted . 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply