cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 package sitting at Sacramento Ca.

two packages 4 days late, and still without leaving the post office of sacramento Ca.
No tracking update.
what I need to do?
Oklahoma.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 2 package sitting at Sacramento Ca.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me once. A package went to a post office in the buyer's city then tracking stopped. The buyer threw a fit when I asked her to GO and pick it up. She said she shouldn't have to do it and it's my job. :-0 ,eBay sided with her, of course and forced me to refund her. I have no idea if she actually picked it up or not. I'm assuming so. I stopped selling for like a year after this! 

How far is Sacramento from the buyer's location? I've had this happen with something I bought recently. I didn't want to open a case for it because I know it wasn't the seller's fault, but it's been in New Jersey for over two weeks now not moving. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Be patient, we're in the middle of a massive pandemic with USPS employees being hit hard like most of the nation, online sales are at an all time high, and in general the world has gone to h e double hockey sticks

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

My sales have been pretty good, but it's mostly been low-priced things selling. Must be nice to be buying a bunch of stuff. We're not even really struggling, but at the same time, it's not a great time to be buying extras... for anyone... You don't even know what is going to happen any more.

Who is getting lots of sales right now because it's certainly not me. I'm selling Care Bears and that's about all that's moving right now. Those and small toys. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

There is nothing for you to do.  

One item I sold, to be sent to a buyer in Arkansas, just started moving again today after 6 days in Memphis, Tennessee.   Another item, final destination in kinda-central Ohio, spent a few days in San Francisco.   

Pandemic conditions, in-person holiday gatherings sharply cut back, on-line shopping, and possibly some residual effects of USPS "upgrades" (cough) a few months ago -- all are contributing to heavy volumes of packages at the USPS and some reductions in staffing.   There is nothing to do but try to be patient.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Be willing to wait.  Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.59.11 PM.png

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

All you need to do is to be patient.  The discussion boards are full of comments about packages that are even more delayed than yours.  But USPS rarely actually loses a package.  You'll get it eventually.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@mikeyessdellboo,

First check the USPS tracking site use one starting with www.usps .  The info showing on ebay's Pitney Bowes tracking info has some false information and in one case has not updated info available on the USPS site for 2 days.

If you are a seller keep checking tracking on the USPS site, and stay in contact with your buyers.  If you are a buyer all you can do is be patient, but be prepared for a possible after Christmas delivery.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

In my experience recently shipping from CA has been very slow to reach me . I've had items sit in City of Industry hub for a week before leaving the state .

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@bryan891 wrote:

In my experience recently shipping from CA has been very slow to reach me . I've had items sit in City of Industry hub for a week before leaving the state .

From what I gather from the news media, California's governor has ordered the state to be pretty much locked down owing to the pandemic.   That might have something to do with the issue.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 10
latest reply