Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Slick fother mucker!

I don't know how, but I know he did it! He managed to use the order number that was given to me to purchase something else or to pocket the cash! How did he do that? Then he refunded the ticket fully but he left out the other order he did .. plus, on...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay removed my feedback

A seller first ignored my request to cancel an order (which I made less than 15 minutes after I placed the order), sent the order anyway, and then refused to engage me on return, even though 'free rerturns' was listed on his site. He even told me "ca...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 20 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer feedback removal and calling ebay

I sold a pair of NEW, never worn shoes on Ebay recently and the listing clearly stated no returns. The buyer contacted me about returning the shoes because they didn't fit and I reminded her of the no return policy. To be vengeful, she left a negativ...

Outbid in final second

Hi all new to eBay, I keep getting Outbid in final second and there is no way to place my next bid. The timer just ends and the other person wins the auction.I will no doubt be hit with set your max bid higher next time. Well this a flawed approach b...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 20 replies
  • 1 helpful

How can I speak to a live person at ebay?

My husband used my email address in the past. He died. I cannot locate his account even though I have his username and password. When I log in with his username and password, somehow it links to my account. I need the information on what he purchased...

How to report Ebay?

I made a request for tax refund.. as the item was shipped outside USA all the way back in november 2023, it was not the first time that I've done it but it is the first time that I've faced such delays. all they tell me in the customer support is tha...

seller fraud

Sellers are scamming victims on Ebay by stating delays in shipping due to vacation . RECENTLY, I was scammed (3 times )on Ebay who stated that the refunds would be returned.They want you the buyer to pay outside of the Ebay guidelines. I would state ...

Ebay is a fraud

I purchased 2 items on the same order, and I also had to pay customs duties on both of them at the post office. I discovered right away that one item has the proper box, but what was inside did not meet the description posted on Ebay. The seller refu...

Sales tax on gold and silver bullion

I noticed ebay is charging sales tax on bullion, I live in California and there is an exemption for gold and silver bullion orders over 1500$ and I'm being charged 9% sales tax and ebay's support does not help. I think this is illigal anyone have any...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay is going downhill!

Purchased 5 items. 4 orders out of the 5 had problems. Remembered when Ebay made sure sellers were accountable. Seriously, what happened to that quality assurance. Now besides the hassle of returning items or for orders that were not as described, or...

• 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Missing part of my refund.

I was buying a laptop. I bid and eventually won. The total was 655.23. The seller wanted me to pay through venmo, of which I declined since I had already paid through ebay. I eventually get my refund from the seller, but only received 599.21. Under o...

phone purchase

I purchased a phone when it arrived it had a cracked screen. I took a picture and kept it in the box been trying to send it back for 3 weeks. Even thought i provided Ebay every number from item ID to order number and even tracking number EBAY says Th...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors