cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a storage full of books(Five years)

I just bought a storage that's half full of books computer health science political history every kind of book so far and I've only made it an eighth of the way back I just found this book.

F i v e years at the Radiation Laboratory

.my research I found that this books worth 2500-3000 from Amazon is out of stock and a couple other sites

is this book worth that kind of money? also it's signed I'm trying to figure out by who.

what's the best website or app.  Research the books quickly because I know I'm going to have a few good ones which kind of books  should I set aside that are good sellers?

any help or advice is greatly appreciated thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have been using Biblio.com for rare and scarce editions.  They have one listing at $3146.25 on a pristine 1st printing copy, with the original letter of transmission to a Rad Lab member.

That listing, which is in England , says WorldCat and Library Hub show only one copy out of the US.  They say there are copies at 11 institutions.

Just remember top condition copies with provenance can be quite a bit more valuable than an ordinary copy from a storage locker, so you may not be able to quit your day job.  But a quality book like that in a locker may hint that you may find other top books,  Good luck. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

A word of caution when using Amazon and other sites:

There are a couple dozen booksellers that we call "megasellers". They rely solely on software to pull comparative pricing from the web and set the price for the copy in hand. 

Or not in hand--and that is the rub. These programs will keep an inventory slot "open" by listing the title at a totally exhorbitant price, and drop the price when the book shows up again on that venue.  You can often find the same title on another venue for a much lower price. 

I know nothing of the book: it sounds like a memoir--the importance of the author in their field has a great deal of bearing on that. So keep that in mind. 

As to the signature: unless it is the author, or somebody who stands out in the field, it is simply an owner's name.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply