cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on how to list a series of VERY old books!

I have eight of nine volumes of "The Works of Charles Reade: A New Edition in Nine Volumes." 

The only one I am missing is number seven, and it could be around here somewhere.

Anyway, I have seen others post similar works of Charles Reade, but none of them have this brown, hardcover outside to it. The inside cover is red with blue and white paint splatter. I cannot find any kind of volumes like it online. Are there any old antique book collectors or someone who would know more around here? I don't plan on keeping them and I want to sell them to someone who would rather have them. I know around what price I want to sell them at, but I want to try and get more information on the items before I confidently make a listing of them. 

The bindings are worn and two of the books have their front covers that have fallen off. Otherwise, the pages themselves are in excellent condition, so with a little tlc, they would look great again in someone's library. IMG_20220615_115507933_HDR.jpgIMG_20220615_131012968.jpgIMG_20220615_115524116.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi jesnew_4999,

You might want to take a look at abebooks.com. They have many of the series and the whole set for sale. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If I were you I’d try to find the missing book before trying to sell the set. Good luck. It’s out there somewhere. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply