cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Remember ...

... when the BSB (Booksellers' Board) was the first place I'd log into every morning to see what had transpired overnight (and there was usually a LOT that had transpired).  

I can't complain about the relative lack of activity because I, myself,  have not participated much lately due to a fulltime seasonal job at a non-profit that leaves me too tired most days to post about anything. 

But once this job ends in April, I'll try to post more topics and participate more fully on the threads.  I really appreciate the ones who keep this forum going and I hope to see more "old" faces return.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I Remember ...

Some of us still start here everyday with the hope that there's something to talk about Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I also remember when the BSB was very active, and a certain squirrel was always up to his usual mischief here. I too miss those days.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for posting! I don't come here so often any more, but probably more often than some. At least a few times every week. Or maybe I should say a few times in weeks when I'm not extremely busy with work, etc.

There are other places I go now... Facebook collector groups being some of the biggest consumers of my time. But FB is faster paced and discussions there usually come and go very rapidly. It's nice to also go to this type of discussion board and there are one or two others that I frequent. But none about books!

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

As do I, as do I.

The golden age of the BSB is something long gone, like a bag of nuts hovering opened near the*bumping*squirrels reach.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Stan the Man!   Smiley Very Happy

Good to see you posting again ... I still look up your old posts when I have a question about a children's book.  

The Golden Age of the BSB may be over, but we can still stage a Reunion Tour.  

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

As do I... In another time, in another face (to quote one of my favorite musical pieces).

I drift by from time to time. I belong to a couple of face book groups, even try and sell a few things here and there but not very hard--but it satisfies my political urges.

In fact I dropped in to post a topic of perhaps some general interest.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Having left eBay for several years to have a B&M, and many other major events, including loosing over $100,000 of inventory in Harvy and personal issues over the last couple of years, I was shocked to return to the BSB and see that it was DEAD. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Was that your shop down town Galveston? We visited one or two when we stayed there a couple days on a trip after my MIL passed.

All I remember about it was VERY high ceilings with a comfortable loft space built to create a perimeter second floor of mostly paperbacks. There was a book signing going on when we were there . . . I do not remember the name.

Probably the most striking thing was the curbs: you had to get out on the passenger side before you parked because the curbs were so high. Drainage was clearly an issue.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your inventory.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Some of us will never forget.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

There seems to be a sea change going on (at least for me) related to online communities, and even friends with whom I communicate. Some communications are just falling away, naturally, to make room for something new. The future remains to be seen... except for Facebook I'll be pretty scarce in most group venues. I wish the BSB had been able to sustain a high level of activity, but things change. Most of the eBay community changes have not helped.

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The BSB always seemed a little to high brow for me. I miss the BB , and all the in your face rag pickin', dumpster diving, guys. It had heart.

One instance which still causes ponder: 'if you found a very valuable book at a g-sale would you tell the person?'

Really not even a question to consider today, is it?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

The answer is always the same: their stuff and their price, it's their business.

It takes two to make an auction.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I was just remembering how it was before ebay, before the light went out, the widows & orphans.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply