Swag it.

Somebody please ask me a question about a book,

not how to SELL a book!!!!

Your guess is as good as mine!

Message 3466 of 4,794
latest reply

Re: Ask any question about any book Part II

Nah, I would stake my life on the statement I am going to make:

Your guess is way more valuable than mine.

Me sorry if I upset you. Forgive me???

Me

A DAY WITHOUT SMILING
IS A WASTED DAY ! !
Live Today Like There Will Be No Tomorrow.

Brat
Message 3467 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
I'm not upset.

Just mildly irritated.

Don't worry about it!
Message 3468 of 4,794
latest reply

Book question:

Have you ever used this, and, if so, what is your opinion of it?

Main Title: Bibliography of American imprints to 1901 : compiled from the databases of the American Antiquarian Society and the Research Libraries Group, Inc.
Published/Created: New York : K.G. Saur, 1993.
Description: 92 v. ; 31 cm.
ISBN: 3598333404 : £7100.00

I've never looked at it.
Message 3469 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
No
Message 3470 of 4,794
latest reply

I have come across a book titled Democracy and The Human Equation by Alleyne Ireland with a 1921 copyright. It is truly a book that looks like nothing with its faded black covers but a very nice interior. Looking for a price to list is proving very difficult. Many dealers are offering a print on demand version. I did find one copy in Japan for 84 dollars.

Why is this book seeming to be so scarce? And is the 1921 version worth more or less than the new versions? Or am I searching in the wrong corners? Thanks for any advice.

Message 3471 of 4,794
latest reply

A friend is anxious to trade me out of my 5-vol. set of "Notes on the Construction of Ordnance." He only really wants forst 3 vo. as he has the rest. What I'd get out fo it is some collectible militaria that I know has substantial value, and I could probably put a rough value on that stuff if pressed.

Binding is hardback, blue pebble-like cover with gold-leaf Army Ordnance Dept. seal. These notes number from 1 to 91, initial date 1881. Author is Ordnance Dept. US Army. The notes were obviously issued periodically and later bound into these 5 vols. Set is in very good cond. Contents are very highly technical, much metallurgy, etc., many tech. dwgs.

My problem is that I cannot find any price data on the set.

Help pls!
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 3472 of 4,794
latest reply

So what's up with this --- ??

1973 The Dark Is Rising, by Susan Cooper. 1st, ( I think) in 1st state dustjacket. 1974 Newbery Honor book.

An obvious ex-library book, with library stamps on the front free end-paper and the half title page, plus some peeling on the front free end paper that I assume is from removal of a card pocket. AND -- ( this is really irritating) a light blue horizontal line, about 1/4 inch wide, across the entire front and back of the dust jacket and extending onto the dustjacket flaps. The line is visible on both the inside and outside of the jacket. The inside of the jacket has another blue line at the very top.

Another book that's worth nothing, I suspect.
Message 3473 of 4,794
latest reply

The Dark is Rising is desirable and sought after-- the U.K. ediiton, I believe, is more valuable. Your copy might do for a 'place holder' until a collector can afford one in nicer condition. A shame that both book AND dustjacket are damaged. Booksites price ex-lib of the U.S. edition as high as $150 but I think that price is overly optimistic. Your book should have the statement FIRST EDITION on the copyright page....
Message 3474 of 4,794
latest reply

Thanks for the good info, hollowayd.

I did wonder about the U.K. edition. My book is the U. S. edition ( Atheneum). It does state First Edition on the copyright page, and has 1973 on the title page.

I just don't get that blue line on the jacket. So disconcerting when a good book has such a weird flaw.
Message 3475 of 4,794
latest reply

queenterry
Enthusiast
Hi, I have a book called Toys A Playful Picture Book. It was printed in the Netherlands, published by Saalfield, no published date. I can't find this book on any websites or the published date. It is a boardbook all the pages are like hardback. Has anyone even seen this book or have an idea when it might of been published? Thanks Terry
Message 3476 of 4,794
latest reply

newton*books
Enthusiast
Das Allgemeine Gebet-Buch: Wie auch die Administration der h. Sacramenten, und Anderer Kirchl. Ritus und Ceremonien, Nach dem Gebrauch der Kirchen von England. Mit den Psalmen Davids. Wie solche in den Kirchen gesungen oder gelesen werden Sollen.. Im Haag: In Verlegung C. Fritsch, 1718.

Other than this being a Book of Common Prayer in German, what have I got here?

Thanks!
Message 3477 of 4,794
latest reply

The title is roughly "The Book Of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, According to the Use of the Church of Ireland, Together with the Psalter or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be Sung or Said in Churches." Is the text in parallel - German and English?
Message 3478 of 4,794
latest reply

Democracy and The Human Equation by Alleyne Ireland .

This book can be downloaded here:

http://www.archive.org/stream/democracyandhum00irelgoog/democracyandhum00irelgoog_djvu.txt

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/1510749&referer=brief_results

http://www.flipkart.com/human-equation-joseph-aprile/1435717899-tox3fn8tod

You poor soul, that is all I can do for you.

Me

A Day without the middle finger flying upward is a totally wasted day.

Brat
Message 3479 of 4,794
latest reply

Second two links are not links to download. They are copies you can purchase. Sorry, should have specified that .

Me

A Day without the middle finger flying upward is a totally wasted day.

Brat
Message 3480 of 4,794
latest reply